Photo

Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#431 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

Also, some of the review is wrong. You CAN use your nook while charging and battery lasts about the same. That first review says you can't. My MIL and I tested it. As long as your turn wi-fi off (I don't turn it on except to get Dailys once a day) your battery will last as long.

#432 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

I have heard (not confirmed) that on Black Friday the Nook will be on sell for $99 dollars at Best Buy for anyone interested.

#433 Cindy*

Cindy*
      • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Cali - its true. However, the Nook sale is a "door crasher" so I'm pretty sure its only in store, not online.

Here is the ad:

http://bfads.net/Bes...teWhite-BNRV100 

#434 Birdie07

Birdie07
        • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

Cool. I didn't mean online, though. I just said Black Friday sale. It'd be worth it though!!

Originally Posted by Cindy* 

Cali - its true. However, the Nook sale is a "door crasher" so I'm pretty sure its only in store, not online.

Here is the ad:

http://bfads.net/Bes...teWhite-BNRV100 

#435 Cindy*

Cindy*
          • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

No I just meant for people like me who like to buy online, you have to go to the actual store for that one.

#436 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
            • 4,512 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:18 AM

I've started reading the girl with the dragon tattoo and I'm having a really hard time getting into it.  I know everyone recommended it, so I'm hoping it picks up soon!!  Right now I'm using it as a way to go into a coma at night when I go to bed.

*Formerly Nikki07*
              My Planning Thread

#437 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
              • 426 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Per recommendations from this thread I just finished The Book Thief....I thought it was good. I enjoyed it.  SO SAD and I did shed some tears! I am kind of surprised that it's Young Adult. I wouldn't think that the writing style is the easiest for teens, but who knows. Good suggestion, thanks! Now onto the last book of the hunger games...

#438 june11bride

june11bride
                • 304 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen a post on this before, but I am reading the Hunger Games. Absolutely amazing!!

I honestly can never see myself getting something like the kindle. Maybe it's my English degree, but there's just something about cracking open that book...

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#439 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Come over to the Book Club thread. We are reading the whole Hunger Game Trilogy. We finish January 12 and will discuss after that!

#440 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Subscribing to this thread.  I got a Nook for Christmas and just started reading again. 

***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users