Sign in to follow this  
meli122

Where to wear the wedding band

I didn't find this anywhere.....there are different thoughts of where to wear the wedding band. Some prefer below the engagement ring (closer to the heart) or above the engagement ring, on the right ring finger or none at all. I kind of like the idea of wearing it on the right hand so you could have a whole different style of ring that didn't coordinate with the engagement ring.

Yes I've heard that the traditional way to wear the wedding band is below your engagement ring. I will probably wear mine that way most of the time. I don't think I'd be able to wear anything on my right hand though because my ring finger on my right hand is bigger than my ring finger on my left hand.

I have two wedding bands, so I wear my ering in the middle. When I wear one of my other (2) wedding bands that are plain silver or plain gold bands, I wear them first and then my ering on top.

I think traditionally your wedding band should be closest to your heart. I have seen some people wear it separately. I was considering doing this myself because I love my engagement ring so much but I am having a channel set diamond band being made so I think I'll like it matched with my engagement ring.