Sign in to follow this  
DRBride52209

Switched to Riu Palace from Dreams Palm Beach

Hey guys...I just came back from DR...I was worried the Dreams Palm Beach was not ready for the wedding and in my opinion it def was not what I wanted. I switched over to RIU Palace Punta Cana which is amazing!! I have many pics... PM and I can share the link or I can try to post them. My wedding is May 22...Riu was fabulous to work with....the coordinators are great. The place is magical. Dreams is a really small simple resort....Riu is just stunning.

I stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe (just beside the Riu Palace) and I kept telling people " I WANT TO BE THERE!!". The architecture is just amazing and I've heard nothing but good things about the Riu Palace from travel agents. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBride52209 View Post
....Riu is just stunning.
If it is anything like the one in Cabo your photographer will have a fantastic time. There are pics on my web site of the Palace in Cabo and the photo below is from one of their infinity pools You are going to have fun!

mark

If you don't mind me asking, was there a huge difference in price between the Dreams and the Riu? And why was Palm Beach not what you wanted? We have narrowed our choices down to Dreams Punta Cana and Dreams Palm Beach based on package prices, and are taking a planning trip in July to choose between the due. Any information you could give me, positive or negative, regarding Palm Beach would be really appreciated.

:0)

I will surly stop by while staying at the macao this summer. I will go over and check it out. Good choice..

We stayed there for 2 weeks - let me try and post a pic:

Here is the gazebo. It's right off of the beach.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBride52209 View Post
Hey guys...I just came back from DR...I was worried the Dreams Palm Beach was not ready for the wedding and in my opinion it def was not what I wanted. I switched over to RIU Palace Punta Cana which is amazing!! I have many pics... PM and I can share the link or I can try to post them. My wedding is May 22...Riu was fabulous to work with....the coordinators are great. The place is magical. Dreams is a really small simple resort....Riu is just stunning.
I want to get married there in 5/22/10, it is definitely great to hear you say that it was amazing!

I would love to hear anything (positive or negative) about Dreams Palm Beach and your experience there as well b/c I am planning my 5/2010 wedding and so far, DPB is our favorite. Thanks!