Photo

Switched to Riu Palace from Dreams Palm Beach

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DRBride52209

DRBride52209
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hey guys...I just came back from DR...I was worried the Dreams Palm Beach was not ready for the wedding and in my opinion it def was not what I wanted. I switched over to RIU Palace Punta Cana which is amazing!! I have many pics... PM and I can share the link or I can try to post them. My wedding is May 22...Riu was fabulous to work with....the coordinators are great. The place is magical. Dreams is a really small simple resort....Riu is just stunning.

#2 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
    • 198 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

I stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe (just beside the Riu Palace) and I kept telling people " I WANT TO BE THERE!!". The architecture is just amazing and I've heard nothing but good things about the Riu Palace from travel agents. Congrats!

#3 Mark Romine

Mark Romine
      • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DRBride52209
        ....Riu is just stunning.
        If it is anything like the one in Cabo your photographer will have a fantastic time. There are pics on my web site of the Palace in Cabo and the photo below is from one of their infinity pools You are going to have fun!

mark

#4 taratoons

taratoons
        • 123 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

If you don't mind me asking, was there a huge difference in price between the Dreams and the Riu? And why was Palm Beach not what you wanted? We have narrowed our choices down to Dreams Punta Cana and Dreams Palm Beach based on package prices, and are taking a planning trip in July to choose between the due. Any information you could give me, positive or negative, regarding Palm Beach would be really appreciated.
          :0)

#5 Mrs.Hockey

Mrs.Hockey
          • 272 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Is there a wedding gazebo at the Riu Palace Punta Cana? Do you have any pics?

#6 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
            • 347 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

I will surly stop by while staying at the macao this summer. I will go over and check it out. Good choice..

#7 frazali

frazali
              • 245 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

We stayed there for 2 weeks - let me try and post a pic:

Here is the gazebo. It's right off of the beach.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#8 DivaEli

DivaEli
                • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DRBride52209
                  Hey guys...I just came back from DR...I was worried the Dreams Palm Beach was not ready for the wedding and in my opinion it def was not what I wanted. I switched over to RIU Palace Punta Cana which is amazing!! I have many pics... PM and I can share the link or I can try to post them. My wedding is May 22...Riu was fabulous to work with....the coordinators are great. The place is magical. Dreams is a really small simple resort....Riu is just stunning.
                  I want to get married there in 5/22/10, it is definitely great to hear you say that it was amazing!

#9 Cita112

Cita112
                  • Banned
                  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hi i am interested in the riu palace in punta cana for my wedding for next year!! Any suggestions

#10 jdelia79

jdelia79
                    • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

I would love to hear anything (positive or negative) about Dreams Palm Beach and your experience there as well b/c I am planning my 5/2010 wedding and so far, DPB is our favorite. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users