Photo

Is anyone else getting married on blind faith?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 montegobay09

montegobay09
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

Neither of us has ever been to Jamaica so we're going on blind faith, our TA's opinion (which couldn't count for a whole lot since our resort didn't open until 1 month after we booked!), and trip advisor.
    I'm not worried about it in the least. I think it will make the DW all the better because we'll just go with the flow instead of being wrapped up in planning.

Don't worry about it if a site visit isn't in your budget....I think this is the norm!

#32 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

I love this thread.

I too went on blind faith and don't regret a thing!

#33 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
      • 205 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

My fiance and I have never been to our location. I have been to Italy but not this town. He has never been there. We think that is part of the adventure!

#34 Danyelle

Danyelle
        • 368 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

We're choosing between 2 locations. One in Jamaica that we have never visited (but plan to in jan of next year) and one in Vegas that we have visited and loved.

#35 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
          • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:56 AM

i thought you were gonna say it would be the first time you met EVER... woulnd't be the first with this internet dating

My advice is don't do it on blind faith. websites and venues and vendors can be misleading

a trip down can save you a lot of heartache, headaches, and money in the long run

IFFF you cant swing it. make sure you do lots and lots and lots of research and reading of reviews from brides and grooms on here who have had expeirece with those places

#36 blushingbride

blushingbride
            • 366 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Although my FI and I have been to DR numerous times, I think those of you that are going on blind faith are brave. I think that's what makes it all the more exciting, it's almost like an adventure...yay!!!!

#37 Marriott Cancun Weddings

Marriott Cancun Weddings
              • Vendor
              • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

The best planning process for a Wedding includes:
                - A site inspection: the first step in order to select a location is to know it! A site inspection is a visit to the areas, hotels and locations you are considering for the wedding. Having a look at first hand can help you make a good decision.
                - A site planning:Once you have choosen the Location, you can have a site planning in order to have the tasting, meet the vendors and finalized the last details of the Wedding. This visit is recommended to be done around 3 months prior to the event.

But if you are considering a location where there are a lot of destination weddings, you can also rely on the the sources available online to make the selection such as your Hotel's Wedding Planners that can send you photos, information and you can also evaluate their performance during the process (you deserve a personalized service from day 1 in the Wedding Planning Process!!) and, specially, the reviews you can find here at DWF! You can check on "search" the name of the Hotels or locations you are looking for. Here you will find reviews, tips, and even photos of different Weddings!

Approximately 50% of the couples married at our Hotel came in Blind Faith, and I am glad to say that we always exceed their expectations! We have a team of experts in destination weddings that can make this process very easy and stresless (...even better than planning a wedding at your hometown as we take care of ALL the details!!!).

Good Luck in your planning process!

Josefina Luna |Sales Executive | Marriott Certified Wedding Planner|
                JW Marriott Cancun Resort & SPA |CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort|
                Ph +52 998 881 2014 |Fax +52 998 881 2024 - |
                email: josefina.luna@marriotthotels.com
                www.facebook.com/marriott.cancun.weddings

#38 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

I had never seen our wedding site or the hotel we stayed at until we got there. I walked down the aisle seeing everything for the first time ... and having done it that way, I wouldn't do it any other way!

#39 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                  • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

I think having resources of folks that have been there alleviates all the misgivings.

#40 sunshinegirl

sunshinegirl
                    • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

I'm going on blind faith. It would add an extra $4000 to our budget to travel beforehand for a preview. Reviews, and forums such as this one have been so helpful. It almost makes it more fun to see the resort for the first time with the guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users