Wow, those look great! I am so excited to try this myself. I just bought the same cards from Michaels too. The sales lady looked at me as if I was crazy for buying 50 decks at one time, but thought it was a cute idea when I said what it was for. I was originally going to splurge and buy personalized ones from a website, but then decided I really needed to make almost all of my items under $1 if I was going to be doing around 50 bags and figured there had to be a way to DIY. Thanks for posting the template!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSam View Post
I am obsessed with the idea of "branding" our wedding, so this time it's a sticker label to put on the playing card box/container that we will be including in our OOT gift bags for our guests. I saw a similar idea on a website but was shocked to see how much it would cost to order personalized playing card stickers -- so of course when you're cheap like me, make it yourself cheesy.gif

I used my wedding colors -- canary, latte, terracotta, and red -- for the symbols. You can use whatever cute saying you'd like -- mine say "Two of a Kind" and "Lucky In Love", I also like "The Perfect Pair".

IMPORTANT TIPS or MUST DO'S:

1) Use a paper cutter to make sure your labels are cut straight -- you will be able to fit 12 to a sheet.

2) Do lots of test labels on regular paper to make sure they fit before printing on full sheet sticker paper, which can be bought at staples for about $10 for 30 sheets

3) The fonts I used are "Freebooter Script" and "English" -- if you use my template, first you need to download these for free at dafont.com or the template will not show correctly.

4) The template is designed for stickers that fit perfectly on the cards w/container currently being sold at Michaels OR the playing cards sold by the dozen on the Oriental Trading Company website. If you adjust the template, the margins and dimension will start moving so fix accordingly.

It's a super easy project that gives your cards a fun, personal touch!!! wink.gif Here are the pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

Can someone send me the playing card template to this email address lindsey.jensen@plexus.com - I cannot open it and would love to us it. Thanks!