Dreams La Romana
Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:24 PM
| Originally Posted by LaRomanaBride |
5 MORE SLEEPS!!! OMG OMG!!!
Nadia - thanks for all of the information and pictures. It was very helpful to hear things from your point of view
After seeing those gazebo pics im pretty sure im going to take some pictures there - it looks so pretty!!!
We finally have everything finalized with the local catholic church so thats all good to go also, now onto packing!
Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:43 PM
| Originally Posted by amygirl1169 |
Just came across this very fabulous and detailed review on TripAdvisor: Dreams La Romana - Reviews, Photos - Beautiful , Relaxing, Excellent Value !!! - TripAdvisor
Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:47 PM
I recently began planning my DW, and I am having trouble deciding on a resort. My ultimate wedding would be at the church at Altos De Chavon, but I do not want to stay at the Casa de Campo hotel. Are any of you ladies staying at the dreams and having the ceremony at Altos de chavon? If so what were the costs, and what did this include? Who arranges the decorations, Tiara? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:50 PM
1. Is it possible to incorporate a sand ceremony and have our mothers pour the sand? I will have to check with the judge, since a legal wedding has their own script and process.
2. How long does the ceremony normally last? It will be around 15-20 minutes.
3. The price of a DJ is $250. Does this include the speakers? Yes
4. Is there any way we can contact the DJ before we come to let him know specific songs we want to have played? They do not have an email address where you can contact him. You can send me the list of the songs that you will require. Upon your arrival you will have a meeting with him.
5. Is there anywhere that we can have our ceremony besides the gazebo if it rains? In case that it rains we move the ceremony inside a ballroom or any other location.
6. Do you have menus for the restaurants that we could see? We are still thinking of renting a restaurant instead of just the Seaside Grill deck. I can send you this information, but it will not be (probably) the real one since we change menus every 2 months.
Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:13 PM
Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:48 PM
I have been at the resort last April and absolutely loved it. It's fun and the activities are great. I assure you your guests will enjoy their stay. I also have very similar questions and did not get a chance to go through all the posts.
Amy, I read on one post that you are planning to have orange color theme. That was exactly what I was planning to do and I am looking into buying my own decorations (simple ones so I can transport them). I contacted Tiara about Dreams Ultimate package decorations but did not get a response. Sorry if this was discussed, but do they have anything orange/fuschia?
Thanks everyone for all the great posts! And very nice meeting all of you!
Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:51 PM
ok, so I was speaking with a friend today about how "wedding poor" I have become in the last month with all of these expenses! She was wondering if we really need to dish out the $1000 USD plus 26% tax to have to SSG rented just to our party for the entire night. So my question for those who have been there, is if you think that there might be a way to section off the restaurant so that it is still private? Also - since there are 9 a la carte's, would the whole restaurant even be that packed in the first place?
Just wondering, cause if I can save almost $1500 Canadian dollars then I just might!
Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:43 AM
Sorry I had a really busy week
I sent the hair pics to Amy so hopefully she will be able to post them. I also sent an email to those of you who gave your email.
Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:21 AM
Also ther are two reviews on trip advisors of weddings at DLR, one paid for a private reception, the other didn't and she said her tables were set away from the others in the restaurant and the waiters and staff were fantastic to them, they felt it was private enough and didn't regret not having a private reception.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users