Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#2631 anudrm

anudrm
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

I have yet to get married there, yet if you go through the Dominican Republic thread there are many ladies who have used outside vendors for linen, photography, and cake.  I have yet to read anywhere that they didn't use the onsite wedding planner.  Jenny has been all sorts of helpful to myself, so I am not sure why you want to pay the extra money when her services are included in your wedding package, jmo.

Originally Posted by CynMay2012 

Thank you all for such detailed and helpful information on this blog! Collectively you are the best wedding planners one can ask for! I've just joined and had a great time reading all of the post, we have stayed at DLR before and loved it! We will be tying the knot on Friday May 4th at the Garden Gazeboo.

The ceremony location...still don't know! thinking about that.

Has anyone used a wedding coordinator for the day of? that is outside the hotel?

Has anyone used decor services from an external vendor?

Tk U!  Cynthia 

#2632 CynMay2012

CynMay2012
    • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hi,

Tks - agreed that Jenny has been wonderful, as well as Shirley who is covering Jenny during her vacation. The external planner would be complimentary to me thus exploring those options as a compliment to Jenny's services. Tks for the note on the vendors I'll take a look at the other threads! C. 

#2633 CynMay2012

CynMay2012
      • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Oh how nice! Yeap only a few months! i sent my save the dates, but not sure when to send the actual invites, thinking Late November? or early January? not sure at this point, did you send yours? Tks! C.

#2634 brendee2005

brendee2005
        • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

I sent my STD end of july. I will sent out my invites around late december.

#2635 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
          • 54 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hi Jessicalynneh,

I'm planning on having my reception in the ballroom as well.  My wedding is on December 17...it's coming so fast!

I have never been to Dreams and I was wondering if you noticed if any of the ballrooms have a dancefloor or are they all carpeted?  I just wondered if I had to budget in for a dancefloor...

Thanks,
            Sabrina

#2636 jessicalynneh

jessicalynneh
            • Site Supporter
            • 93 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sabrina,

I didn't really notice, I 'm pretty sure they were just carpeted but I'm not positive - I didn't even think to pay attention to that.  They are really nice though - much nicer than I thought they would be - the lobby is all marble & really pretty & the actual ballrooms have really high ceilings and are in great condition. 

#2637 anudrm

anudrm
              • 760 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

Hello ladies,

I am wondering has anyone been in contact with Jenny or Shirley lately.  I have sent emails and I have gotten no responses, which is truly unlike either of the two.  I would like to know if anyone else has had any success contacting the WC at the resort?

#2638 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
                • 54 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

I emailed Jenny yesterday and she got back to me today....so hopefully you will hear back soon!

#2639 anudrm

anudrm
                  • 760 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Yes, she has just responded. Thank you...I was just worried because I haven't gotten any responses in like three days.

#2640 brendee2005

brendee2005
                    • 456 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I sent an email 2 wks ago and no response. I.will try again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users