• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#141 GregsBride

GregsBride
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
    Classadiva- I got the swatches for the $99 and for the Pure Irish Linen for $175. The fabric feels a little softer, and the colors differ too. I was looking forward to only paying 99, but we ended up liking the swatches for the other ones better.
    I think someone posted that the $99 suit is a linen blend, and the $175 us pure linen... and although it's a little softer it wrinkles much easier too. You may want to keep that in mind when you order.
    ~Christina

#142 classadiva

classadiva
    • 685 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by GregsBride
      I think someone posted that the $99 suit is a linen blend, and the $175 us pure linen... and although it's a little softer it wrinkles much easier too. You may want to keep that in mind when you order.
      Thanks for saying that.

BTW....the sample swatches are only $2 total plus shipping. You don't have to pay $2 for each swatch. I got 8 swatches in total. With shipping...it cost me $15 or so.

#143 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
      • 1,114 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for thinking of that Gregsbride--- something to definitely keep in mind- especially when FI will walk out in whatever he pulls out of a drawer- NO matter how much I chase him around w/ an iron!!

OH and to add to what Classadiva said- it is that price, and when you order, if you want both sets (linen, pure linen) you just have to put that in the comments section. Their instructions weren't very clear!
        Married to my BEST FRIEND!
        July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
        Non-Pro Pics:
        http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
        Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#144 echo2_62

echo2_62
        • 1,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

classadiva & ladytrunck - your comments were EXACTLY what I was wondering about last night looking at the site! I can't believe the price for shipping a few pieces of fabric even if it is overseas but it's a little better if you can get ALL of them for that price.

I was also wondering, does anyone have fabric swatches that they don't need anymore and would be willing to give/sell me? I was looking at the blended linen ones, so I guess that is the set with eight colours. Please let me know!!!

#145 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
          • 484 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by echo2_62
            classadiva & ladytrunck - your comments were EXACTLY what I was wondering about last night looking at the site! I can't believe the price for shipping a few pieces of fabric even if it is overseas but it's a little better if you can get ALL of them for that price.

I was also wondering, does anyone have fabric swatches that they don't need anymore and would be willing to give/sell me? I was looking at the blended linen ones, so I guess that is the set with eight colours. Please let me know!!!
            Hahaha, we've got that covered Meghan! I'm getting the swatches from ladytrunk and will be able to share them with you of course!!! Then we'll have to send them on to the next needy BDW'er!! I LOVE this forum! lol
            Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
            Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
            My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#146 Barbo

Barbo
            • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

You girls are GREAT! Can I be the next BWD'er? :)

#147 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Barbo
                You girls are GREAT! Can I be the next BWD'er? :)
                Suzy can pipe in on this one too since she'll actually be receiving the swatches for the two of us, but I can't imagine why you can't be the next one to get them! LOL! Send either one of us a PM with your mailing address. It'll still be a few weeks yet before we get them just in case you missed that... but as long as you aren't in a huge hurry or horribly impatient LIKE ME! Haha!

#148 Crystal&Matt2010

Crystal&Matt2010
                • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Yay! I am so excited I found this thread!! We are going to order from here now as well. Thanks Foxy!

#149 bholthof

bholthof
                  • Banned
                  • 323 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:08 AM

Those of you who have swatches - how does the white color look? I think that having FI in a white suit would look really nice, but there are so many different shades of white, I'd be afraid it would look odd beside my dress - is it a really white white or is it more of an off white?
                    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#150 ldeavila

ldeavila
                    • 206 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:18 AM

What a great website!!! And thanks to all for being honest in your reviews. I think future hubby is going to order from here!!!
                      [IMG]
                      Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users