Photo

beach ready shoes...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

I am going barefoot on the sand and then changing for afterwards!

#62 lgarner83

lgarner83
    • 530 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

I was going ot go barefoot for the ceremony but I'm afraid of the sun being scalding hot! (my wedding is at 4pm, right after the hottest time of the day) so I think I'm going to wear flip flops for the beach and low heels for the reception.

#63 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

If you are thinking of wearing some type of flip flop or sandal in the sand, then I suggest you definitely practice walking in those shoes on the beach, when you arrive so that you can see how it feels!
        I thought that I'd have no problems walking in my wedge type flip flops, but I did! I absolutely stumbled the entire way down...LOL...it was hilarous & uncomfortable. If I hadn't had all eyes on me, I would've kicked them off halfway down the aisle.

#64 klopez

klopez
        • 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

I was totally set on just going barefoot but then FH and MOH are saying the sand will be too hot....I have simple white flip flops for back up and will definitely wear them at dinner...imagine going barefoot into the restaurant! haha

#65 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

The hot sand can be an issue. I wore flip flops down the aisle. I could feel the sand creeping in and it was slightly uncomfortable. Sand is awkward anyway to walk in without shoes. Like someone else said, practice the day before and see what you think.
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#66 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
            • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Last time I was in Jamaica, I was walking barefoot on the beach and accidentally stepped on some stupid insect and it stung my foot!!!! Of course, I screamed and was hopping on one foot, and in less than a minute, two of the resort workers came and pulled out the stinger and gave me ice. So no problem, mon.

But that is the reason I decided on flip-flops for the ceremony instead of barefoot. It would be pretty hilarious if I had to scream and hobble down the aisle on one foot :)

#67 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Thanks again ladies---I wil wear some sort of sandal and I was thinking of a wedge Yolanda and now I have second thoughts...Ugggh! I think the best thing to do is to get a comfortable chandelier sandal and go from there..Now my dress will be too long .

#68 ameliamae

ameliamae
                • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

wow... i had really wanted to go barefoot, but after hearing pearly's story... i'm rethinking that one!
                  The future Mrs. Sellars!!

#69 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by YoursTruly
                    Thanks again ladies---I wil wear some sort of sandal and I was thinking of a wedge Yolanda and now I have second thoughts...Ugggh! I think the best thing to do is to get a comfortable chandelier sandal and go from there..Now my dress will be too long .
                    Yeah, my dress was a tad longer than was anticipated since I wore my actual reception shoes for my fittings. But I figured it walking wouldn't be too bad since the sandals had a wedge heel too.
                    If you really have your heart set on the wedge's then bring them & your chandelier sandals & just make sure you give the wedges a test run. Try to bring some kind of long sun dress too so that you get the complete feel of walking with the wedges & a long dress.
                    Maybe you'll find that its not too hard & you'll be able to go for it!
                    I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for you!

#70 ktyum

ktyum
                    • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

so glad i read this thread thanks for advice everyone. does anyone know if the sand will be hot in mexico about 4pm? also does anyone know if you plan on wearing flip flops and then heels after, which ones are you best to wear to your dress alterations?
                      katie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users