beach ready shoes...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

• VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

Hello everyone,

So I just realized - I am planning on getting married in Jamaica next February, so I will need to buy my wedding shoes now, while they are out! I did a quick search online, but haven't come across anything that i like. I remember someone posted a pic of there sandals the other day, but I don't remember who. Any suggestions? I would like a flat or very close to flat sandal with some sort of jewels.

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

here were the ones i WAS going to wear until they made my dress too long ... i got them from Zappos

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

I've honestly found some good, decently priced ones at bridal salons! I might get mine that way - one that I went to had a HUGE selection - ones with sea shells, some sparkely, some with small/kitten heal, some flat, some with what looked like a satin look etc etc. Everywhere else I go, I find cheap, plasticy looking ones!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 Shelley

• 169 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, I have to agree on that one - I've found the best selection for what I'm looking for at bridal salons too. And I was surprised that they weren't over-priced, they were reasonable to me. My bridesmaids have gone the same route.

#5 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

Here is what I would like to wear. Click the image to open in full size. not this exact one but something like it.

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

In-ter-esting. Thanks. I wouldn't have thought to even check in the bridal salons. Guess I will have to open my eyes!

#7 sweetpeaslee30

• 32 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

I found ivory colored double strap flat sandals with molded insteps at famous footwear. they are so compfortable and they have a great rubber grip on the bottom for 20 bucks in the off season.I bought sparkles and pearls that I am going to put on the straps myself.

#8 nde062010

• 106 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

I'm really short and my fiance is really tall, so high heels are a must for me. I don't want to have to rule out walking down the aisle on the beach, but it seems everyone wears flip flops or bare feet.

Do you think 3 or 4 inch wedge sandals will work? without me falling down the aisle, that is

Do you think a runner will help at all? Have any of you worn heels or wedges on the beach?

#9 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

I was wondering the same thing. The place we are getting married offers bamboo mats to walk on and I thought that might help, but I have heard a lot of brides have skipped the shoes because it was too awkward to walk in. So I guess it depends on what's more important to you: not appearing shorter during the ceremony or walking comfortably. I am interested in what previous beach brides will have to say on this. great question!

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

#10 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

I went to a wedding on the sand as a guest and since my FI is 6'6" and I'm 5'3", I wore 3" wedges. I kinda wobbled a little b/c they weren't flip flops, but there is no way I'm going barefoot for my own wedding - else we won't be in the same photographs :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users