Teenage Boy OOT Bag Items???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Freckles

• 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are doing simple OOT bags for our guests and have 1 teenage boy age 14 joining us. Does anyone have any suggestions for items for his OOT bag? We are kinda at a loss.........

#2 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Maybe a Maxim? HA HA just kidding. I would say, food for sure. Sunscreen, maybe a squirt gun and some cards.

#3 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Is he sporty? Maybe a football or paddleball for the beach. I'm throwing in a Q20 game for a 12 year old boy we have coming. I agree with Kathi, definitely food.

#4 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Maybe do some AXE shower gel or something. You could also find a beach towel or t-shirt or something since you only need one. I love the idea of a disposable underwater camera.

What is going in your other bags?

#5 Freckles

• 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

We are trying to keep them small with gifts and a few items that might come in handy during the trip. Right now in the others we have disposable underwater cameras (love that idea!), photo albums, insulated mugs, luggage tags, cards, frisbee, passport cover and a coin purse to hold the room key. We are also making up bags with immodium, pepto bismol, suntan lotion ect, but since hes not of age we just werent sure what to add. Doubt he will want an insulated mug or a photo album.

I like the idea of food though, and the maxim!!! hahah Going to add on the shower gel, football and towel for him! Thanks :)

#6 jurisdr

• 40 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

I was planning on doing just the parents OOT bag, but I think I may include one in the room for the boys (14-15yr). I was thinking of adding some power drinks since I see many teen boys drinking them, but the parents may not appreciate caffeinated-sugared boys running around.

I was planning on regular disposable camers, but I really like the underwater camera idea. I know I use one everytime we're on a beach vacation. Maybe we'll include both in the boys bags in lieu of other items they wouldn't want.
              I'm the Mother (step-mom) of bride.

The bride asked me to plan her wedding w/the help of a WC. Yay!

#7 Scarletina

• 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

This is a hard one- but here is I would get for younger guys.... how about those handheld electronic games - you can find them at the dollar general or online cheap, gigantic water guns (ok, so they dont' fit in the bag but it's cool), I would also think about a metal detector if you are on a beach. My little sisters had one of these and they had a blast with it. Then of course there are the standards, sunscreen, cool hats, sunglasses (maybe if you do fewer things for these guys you could spend a bit more on these items cause at 14 it's all about the brands), car magazines / books etc. Definitely a football or two for the beach, money for the resort (every kid loves more money even if mom and dad gave them some) , etc. I think there are a lot of fun things you could get the younger guys - just go browse walmart toy and sport areas - you will find tons of ideas.
                37 CABINS BOOKED AND COUNTING!!

#8 SAM

• 542 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

We are giving all of our guests OTT bags and we are also giving one to our 12 year old son. Here are a few of the extra things that I have included in his OTT bag, some are alittle expensive- Beach Ball, underwater camera, Video Game magazine, glow sticks (Michael's for $1.00), sports water bottle, itunes gift card, candy/gum (I will pick up there), water balloons, and a small coin purse/bag full of quarters.

#9 litl_april

• 351 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

I think the ideas listed so far are great. My brother is 15 and absolutely loves video games and cars (he actually buys cheap, broken down cars, repairs them and then sells them just because he enjoys working on them). For him I am thinking car magazine(s), the little bag or something with quarters in it, and definately the snacks. I think the key is to figure out what the kids/teens enjoy and use that for ideas. Example, my other brother who recently turned 18, is pretty different and loves sports so for him it will probably be a sports magazine, maybe a football or something along those lines.

#10 Gail

• 358 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

great thread. i've been wondering about this to. I have a 15 boy, almost 16 going and a 1, 5 and 7 year old- so do I do seperate bags for them??
                      Pro wedding pic slide show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users