Father/Daughter dance songs

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#31 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

I just remembered....my friend Gretchen danced with her father to "Daughter in the Water" performed by Bob Dylan (it's the song that played when the credits started to roll at the end of the movie, "Knocked Up". (I believe Loudon Wainwright did a version of it, too.) It was so adorable and fitting to the bride's kinda quirky personality -- great lyrics, and worth checking out!

~ Christie

#32 crazyldy

• 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

I love these songs! thanks for the post

#33 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Check out 'daddys little angel' by T Carter
        My gfs dad picked it out for her for their wedding in april and EVERYONE was in tears. It has the best lyrics and is so so cute. I would use it if she hadnt have!

#34 tammikins

• 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

"Because you loved me" by Celine Dion - Although I'm not a huge fan of hers, this song is pretty darn fitting!

#35 amym567

• 403 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

My dad and I danced to Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl". I'm not a big country person, and don't hear the song often, but just googled the lyrics and watched a video of it~ now I'm sitting here in tears!!!! Lately I've heard about a lot of friends who have loser dads, and I guess I'm just thinking about how lucky I am to have a great dad~ or maybe it's pregnancy hormones! I think I'm going to print out the lyrics and a pic of us dancing and do a scrapbook page to frame for my dad (yes, it's 2 years later now!). A little while later, we also danced to the song "Amy"~ because he's always sung that to me over the years!

Sorry for the novel~ just felt the need to share right now I guess!

#36 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
            • 450 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

Oh thank you so much for posting all of your ideas! I know I still have tonnes of time but I know this will be something I will have a hard time choosing. My dad LOVES Elvis so I would like to find a good song by him, but they are mostly about couples (kinda awkward for a dad/daughter dance) I am such a daddys girl so I have a feeling I will be a puddle of tears during this part. Gotta get on you tube and check out some of your ideas :-)

#37 Ms325i

• 204 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

My Father/Daughter dance will be The Stylistics "You're a big girl now" I know I will be bawling throughout the dance.

#38 finzup

• 468 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

ok stupid question -- do I pick the father/daughter song or does my dad?
                  I mean basically they are sung from the father's perspective so I feel like I should get his feedback about the song choice?

Anyway I really like father and daughter by paul simon.. Beautiful song.

here's a youtube.. (the first half is the father and daughter song)

YouTube - Paul Simon, Father and Daughter, You Can Call Me Al

Have you met Alice?

#39 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

My Little Girl-Tim McGraw is good too I think that's the one I am going to use.

#40 *kellis*

• 330 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

I'm using Butterfly Kisses for my stepdad and I because that was "our song" when I was little and I had it on a cassette tape and it still makes me cry.

As for my dad and I, we're doing I Loved Her First just because it is a beautiful song and it just fits my dad lol.

Only think I can't figure out is how I'm going to dance with both of them, still gotta figure all that out!

FI and FMIL are dancing to a Simple Man cover by Shinedown, not sure what the exact significance is but they picked it out.
                      (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users