Photo

Father/Daughter dance songs

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:35 AM

I ABSOLUTELY adore "Unforgettable" (the Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole version), and that is the song I will be using for my dance with my father!

Something about the back-and-forth singing of a father and daughter duet seems so fitting to me, not to mention it makes me tear up eveytime I hear it now! I will be such a blubbering, but happy, mess, I just know it!

Christie :)

#22 skitt1es

skitt1es
    • 144 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

I Loved Her First. great song

#23 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
      • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

LET ME JUST SAY THIS...

PLEASE.... please please please please... all you couples out there.. no matter what songs you pick for your first dances... MAKE SURE.. and i cant stress this enough... listen to and make sure you understand the lyrics and what the song is about.

a few times i've shot weddings where they father/daughter or mother/son or the couple will dance to what seems like a nice song till you listen to the lyrics. It's a little awkward watching a father and daughter dance to a song about "getting it on".

#24 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

Those are all wonderful songs!!! I just wanted to add another song that is just amazing for a father/daughter dance at a wedding. It's called "Stealing Cinderella" By Chuck Wicks.
          YouTube - Chuck Wicks - Stealing Cinderella Official Video

#25 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jean-marcus
            LET ME JUST SAY THIS...

PLEASE.... please please please please... all you couples out there.. no matter what songs you pick for your first dances... MAKE SURE.. and i cant stress this enough... listen to and make sure you understand the lyrics and what the song is about.

a few times i've shot weddings where they father/daughter or mother/son or the couple will dance to what seems like a nice song till you listen to the lyrics. It's a little awkward watching a father and daughter dance to a song about "getting it on".

haha! GOOD POINT!

#26 Danyelle

Danyelle
            • 368 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

My dad is so hysterically kooky and random we'll probably do something nuts like 'thriller' and do the dance and everything.

#27 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

I danced to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" with my dad. It's not really father/daughter but I knew that that has always been his favorite song. As soon as he heard it start, he was like,"Awww, my favorite!" so it made me feel good.

#28 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Danyelle
                  My dad is so hysterically kooky and random we'll probably do something nuts like 'thriller' and do the dance and everything.
                  oh my gosh. if you do that i would come photograph your wedding for free... heheh okay maybe not but man please do that and post up lots of pics for us all to see. PLEASE. and if you havent seen this video link of 300 prisoners in the Phillipnes doing the Thriller dance. It is actually unreal the amount of choreography they put into that.
                  I danced to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" with my dad. It's not really father/daughter but I knew that that has always been his favorite song. As soon as he heard it start, he was like,"Awww, my favorite!" so it made me feel good.
                  and hmm jenny ... why do I feel like I have a bunch of photos of a bride named Jenny dancing with her father to that song... OH WAIT.. cause I do and its from your wedding hehehe can't wait to get them all done. getting close :)

#29 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
                  • 111 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

My dad and I danced to My Girl, (it was the only song that sort of fit that the band knew how to play.) Everyone loved the song!

#30 jenniebey

jenniebey
                    • 842 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

We're going to dance to 'Father and Daughter' by Paul Simon.

I used to sit on my Dad's lap and listen to Simon and Garfunkel records with him when I was little so it has a special meaning to us. I tear up every time I hear it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users