Photo

Wedding Favors for AHR/Send off Party?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:42 PM

I just had a question that I just am not sure what the answer is to. We are planning on having and AHR/Send off party a couple of weeks before our DW. It is a very very casual bbq/picnic. We are going to state that no gifts are necessary, etc (with appropriate wording), and because it's so laid back, we're not even sending out paper invites, we plan to just send out an evite.

Now, because it's so casual, are we expected to have wedding favors for all of our guests? Is anyone else doing wedding favors? I wasn't sure what the correct etiquette/protocol was. I really appreciate all of your advices!
    - Grace
    Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
    Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
    Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
    Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#2 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
    • 361 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

We're having a pretty casual AHR as well, so we're doing a candy buffet as our wedding favor... Does that help?

#3 ~Debra~

~Debra~
      • 500 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

We are having our AHR after our wedding but we aren't doing favors. I think its a personal decision. If you want to provide them for your guests, go for it. If not, I think that's fine too.

#4 frazali

frazali
        • 245 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

We're having custom hot sauce bottles for our favors, but you certainly don't need to have them.

#5 Anna83

Anna83
          • 288 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

I don't think you need favors. I have never went to a wedding expecting a favor. Since your party is so casual, your guests shouldn't be expecting anything.

#6 big3n09

big3n09
            • 616 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

I don't think you have to have them, there always nice but if it's not in your budget don't have them. There are some options that you can do for a resonable price if you really want to have them.
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#7 lgarner83

lgarner83
              • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

We are, but our AHR will be a formal reception, this is what we're doing (there will be approx 200 guests, but we're going to do the wine stoppers 1 per couple):
                Click the image to open in full size.

and for all the kids, filled with jelly beans:
                Click the image to open in full size.

These are from Wedding Favours Canada-Wedding Party Gifts-Bridal Shower Gifts-Weddingfavours.ca :)

If we were having an informal AHR then I don't think i'd bother with favours! One less hassle, ya know?

#8 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
                • 354 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm glad to read that there are some who are doing wedding favors as well as others who are not. I will have to think it over, but I don't think it will be in our budget to do them. :-)
                  - Grace
                  Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                  Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                  Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                  Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#9 matcek

matcek
                  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

I am still trying to decide if I will do favors for mt AHR also. I think you could get away with something pretty cheap if you wanted, but mostly everyone is there to see you and not there for the favors. I don't think anyone will even miss them if you don't have any

#10 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
                    • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

I don't think you need to do any with it being so casual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users