Photo

What are your (inexpensive) beauty miracles?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

Well, it's not a product, it's more an hygiene : sleep, and not going out without SPF on my face !

Missing either one is disastrous.

#22 DGG

DGG
    • 275 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

I love cocoa butter lotion, especially after being in the sun - it is so moisturizing and I never peel if I use it. I love the smell but FI absolutely hates it, so I don't use it anymore.. My absolute favorite is Aquaphor - I use it for dry skin on elbows/knees, on my cuticles, and for dry lips. It's a little more expensive than vaseline, but I have become hooked and a tube really lasts a long time. It is too greasy for the rest of my body, but it gets rid of chapped lips quicker than anything else I can find..
      For shine, I also love Clean&Clear oil blotting sheets - they work great when your skin is oily during the day and don't mess up your makeup.

#23 litl_april

litl_april
      • 351 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DGG
        For shine, I also love Clean&Clear oil blotting sheets - they work great when your skin is oily during the day and don't mess up your makeup.
        Yes, these are great!

#24 jenniebey

jenniebey
        • 842 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

I LOVE Rosebud Salve which you can get at Sephora and Urban Outfitters on the west coast. It's great for lips and cuticles. Also, any covergirl mascara is awesome. I used to spend $24 for lancome and covergirl is 1/3 the price (and you can find it on sale at the drugstore or target all the time).

Also, I'm a huge fan of getting my eyebrows waxed. It's $20 with my girl, but I only go about every 6-8 weeks and tweeze in between. Changes the whole way your face looks. By far the best deal I get in my beauty expenditures.

#25 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jenniebey
            I LOVE Rosebud Salve which you can get at Sephora and Urban Outfitters on the west coast. It's great for lips and cuticles.
            Bath and Bodyworks also sells a Rosebud Salve, I believe. I keep one in my office.

#26 Bridget810

Bridget810
            • 168 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

Does anyone know of a good facial moisturizer that is less than $10? I was using Aveeno Positively Radiant, but I can't afford an $18 moisturizer any more!

#27 Carie

Carie
              • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DGG
                Not to be annoying, but be careful about using hydrocortisone on the face - the kind you get at the drug store is a low strength (1%) but any steroid cream like hydrocortisone can lead to blotchy lighter-colored patches on your skin. I am a pediatrician so I see a lot of kids with eczema who use these creams a lot and ppl who over-use steroid creams get really blotchy areas esp if you are exposed to the sun - and this can be permanent. So just be careful..

DGG this scares me because my dermatologist has had me on "Dermatop" for almost two years now! I think Dermatop is also a steroid cr¨me? I am using it around my eyes because I've had an allergy and we don't know to what. He's been making me use this and I am worried that it's not good for my skin?

#28 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone know of a good facial moisturizer that is less than $10? I was using Aveeno Positively Radiant, but I can't afford an $18 moisturizer any more

Bridget - Cetaphil is great!

#29 Tamster808

Tamster808
                  • 193 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Covergirl Define A Lash is great. I just went and bought $20 masacra (Too Faced Lash Injection) and I prefer Define A Lash.
                    Also I like Neutrogena Stress Acne foaming face wash and toner. I also like the Aveeno moisturizers (face and eye). I have really acne prone and sensitive skin and they have been working for me for many months!

#30 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                    • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jenniebey
                      I LOVE Rosebud Salve which you can get at Sephora and Urban Outfitters on the west coast. It's great for lips and cuticles. Also, any covergirl mascara is awesome. I used to spend $24 for lancome and covergirl is 1/3 the price (and you can find it on sale at the drugstore or target all the time).

Also, I'm a huge fan of getting my eyebrows waxed. It's $20 with my girl, but I only go about every 6-8 weeks and tweeze in between. Changes the whole way your face looks. By far the best deal I get in my beauty expenditures.
                      I love Rosebud Salve. I have been using it for like 6 years now and it works wonders. I order mine from Sephora. It is a great balm and it doesn't leave lips sticky.

I also swear by Cetaphil face wash. It keeps my skin really clear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users