Photo

My DIY Travel Mugs!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hey guys I got my mugs yesterday. All 45 from the dollar tree. I like the idea of laminating but first I will try clear contact paper. Becasue I have alot of time to work with lol. Also they hold 11 oz.
    Thanks for the great idea.

#22 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
    • 712 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hey guys I got my mugs yesterday. All 45 from the dollar tree. I like the idea of laminating but first I will try clear contact paper. Becasue I have alot of time to work with lol. Also they hold 11 oz.
      Thanks for the great idea.

#23 mrsd09

mrsd09
      • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

I'm so excited to see yours!!!

I thought about laminating but I created some inserts and then cleaned the mugs and they didn't leak at all. I figure since they are only temporary inserts and will probably be changed later, I would just leave them as they were.

#24 merocket59

merocket59
        • 937 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

So sad, they don't have them at my DT! But I haven't given up hope yet, my sister has 2 near her so when I go there on Tues I'm going to look... fingers crossed

#25 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Those are cute. I'll look online today because now dollar tree sells bulk on line.

#26 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
            • 888 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

Michelle... let me know if you find them online.... I don't see em.

#27 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

I wish I had a dollar tree around here. Maybe I will go check our dollarama. But if they had them online I could have them delivered to my daughter in Vegas! I priced some mugs online and with a logo put on it was going to cost me aprox 300.00 I really dont want to spend that much.

Love your website and your DIY mugs!
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#28 hunnyhun921

hunnyhun921
                • 139 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Thanks! Great website and great idea! You helped me out alot. I just cleaned out my Dollar Tree. I think I left 1 on the shelf. LOL!. I couldn't decide where to buy my travel mugs and the prices for shipping was killing me. I will come out alot cheaper doing them myself. Thanks again!

#29 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
                    I wish I had a dollar tree around here. Maybe I will go check our dollarama. But if they had them online I could have them delivered to my daughter in Vegas! I priced some mugs online and with a logo put on it was going to cost me aprox 300.00 I really dont want to spend that much.

Love your website and your DIY mugs!
                    Dollarama just started carrying them in the past couple weeks. They are now carrying a bunch of items above 1$. They call it "dollarama plus". I think the mugs may have been like 1.25 or 1.50$

#30 lololola

lololola
                    • 156 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for sharing your website! The mugs look great, and great song choices for your cd--it's nearly identical to ours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users