Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#321 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
  • 417 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

What an amazing thread! And so many from Alberta!

#322 Raykel

Raykel
    • 489 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

How are you guys going to transport your flowers? I thought about bringing the ones for the mom's along so they could always keep them, but I am worried about crushing them. I know you said they could be scrunched, but for how long before they don't pop back? I supposed it they looked bad when we got there I could still order fresh ones.....

#323 jackobelle

jackobelle
      • 359 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Raykel
        How are you guys going to transport your flowers? I thought about bringing the ones for the mom's along so they could always keep them, but I am worried about crushing them. I know you said they could be scrunched, but for how long before they don't pop back? I supposed it they looked bad when we got there I could still order fresh ones.....
        I am bring my boquet and bouts & corsages for my FI and our parents. I think I'll put them in one of our carry on bags. I don't want to risk anyting if our luggage is late or lost (knock on wood!) But I have heard from other brides that they put their real touch boquet in their suitcase and it popped right back into place.

#324 AusCan2010

AusCan2010
        • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

Thanks.. that makes sense

lol yeah I think my bags are getting a bit OTT at the moment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by echo2_62
          AusCan - I like your short form of OTT!! I'm sure a lot of us can relate to that one :)

But I think you're referring to OOT which stands for Out Of Town. I know somewhere in the many threads here there is a huge list of all the acronyms that we all use, which I'm sure you'd find with a quick search. I found it really helpful when I started out and still go back to it once in a while (it's saved on my laptop, not my work computer).

#325 AusCan2010

AusCan2010
          • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by echo2_62
            I'd purchased the packages from Northern Safety out of the US in a group order with a couple other girls. The duty charges were a little high in my opinion but we had a few of us to split it so I think the price still worked out okay. Northern Safety If you have someone in the US you could ship to first then it might be even better. I hadn't been able to find a vendor for these located in Canada though either.

Another option depending on how many guests you have is just to buy a large sized bottle of the items you want, leave them sealed just to cover your butt in customs, and then separate them into little pre-labelled ziplocks once you get down there (kind of a last minute pain but it might be a lot cheaper!!). If we didn't need so many for our guests, this is likely the option I would have chosen.

Agreed Echo

I got what I wanted from northern safety but the duty charges were almost as much as the merchandise So I would budget that if you re ordering from them

I will say they have the best selection I found online however

#326 Raykel

Raykel
            • 489 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hey guys! Was just at Dollarrama the other day. Two hand sanitizers for $1.00. They are pretty good sized bottles...the same size you would buy at Shoppers for just under $2.

#327 jackobelle

jackobelle
              • 359 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Raykel
                Hey guys! Was just at Dollarrama the other day. Two hand sanitizers for $1.00. They are pretty good sized bottles...the same size you would buy at Shoppers for just under $2.
                Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!! I'll go check it out tomorrow.

#328 echo2_62

echo2_62
                • 1,049 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

Hey I need some pricing help... I wasn't planning on including disposable cameras in my OOT bags, but thought I would at least check out prices to see how much additional cost it would be. My problem is that I'm not sure what they charge in stores if I were just to go pick up the number I need so I don't have anything to compare with.

I found a website that currently has some on clearance for $4.60ea (plain black, 24 exposure, 400ISO, indoor/outdoor, with flash and you can re-use them!) but of course the minimum number to purchase is 100 and I only need about 35 I think.

So if anyone can comment on the prices they've seen or purchased at... or if there is enough interest that anyone wants to help me fill the order please let me know!!

#329 nsimpson

nsimpson
                  • 325 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

Great thread! Thanks ladies!
                    Love is a wonderful thing!
                    Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#330 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

I will take a look arund Echo, see what prices I see!

I may be interested in that option, but not just yet!! I would take about 20-25!
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users