CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2101 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

I would love to know too actually...we're going to use the passport covers from Michaels that I bought earlier this year to create a planning/information guide to hand out at our open house next month...eeep...I hate that it's already "next month"!!!  Did you use the large postcards as the cover, clip the corners to round them and fold them in half?

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Busy Bee,

Do you mind if I ask you how you designed your passport brochure? I am in the midst of doing ours but frustrated...can't figure out how to set it up and what to include. Would you mind posting some photos of yours? It may help spark my creativity. We need to get ours ready to send by next week. I thought of doing brochures or post cards with Vistaprint but don't think we have time...need to send some overseas.

Thanks!

#2102 capecodder

capecodder
    • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

Thanks for that tip.  I have been slacking on my OOT bags.  I did take advantage of the Vistaprint sale!!  Magnets, Welcome/Thank you letters and return address labels.  All for free!!  I think that will help me to get back on track.

Originally Posted by lianee 

Thanks for the tips on the chap stick, ladies!

Also, for those of you thinking of buying the tide sink packs, they are $1.79 in the travel section of Superstore, and $2.00 at Walmart.

#2103 AquaCait

AquaCait
      • 209 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

If anyone is looking, the moist lens cleaning cloths are back in stock at Dollarama (in Durham Region, at least...) I just found a bunch at the Oshawa centre store, and they were only $1 each.

#2104 daniellejan2012

daniellejan2012
        • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Thank you, I'm from Oshawa as well and was looking for these!!

#2105 Manda123

Manda123
          • 380 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

If anyone wants to see my brochures, send me a PM. I don't know how to black out all of her private info, so I feel weird about just posting it publicly. I wouldn't mind emailing it to you ladies, though!

For those of you who want to use vista, you can still make them in Publisher and upload them to Vista. Make sure you save the front and back as two separate files, since you can only upload one file at a time on Vista. AND uploads are FREE right now.

So a couple of kids are now joining us in Mexico: 11 year old girl, 9 year old boy, 8 year old girl. What do I get kids these ages!? I have NO idea. Ideas ?!

#2106 MJKH

MJKH
            • Site Supporter
            • 654 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

I just sent you a PM!

Well, I would look for travel/card games myself for that age range...maybe kid friendly (i.e., lipsmacker brand) sparkly cheek glosses or lip glosses for the girls (I bought mine at Dollarama).  I also bought my nieces (10 and 6) these roll-on coloured soaps for the bathtub scented like coconut and cotton candy from Avon...I bought them for .99 each and I've seen them come up at that price again since.  I thought they'd have fun with them in the tub at the resort.  There are all kinds of pool toys, water guns, etc. etc. too...I can't bring myself to buy water guns as I work in inner city schools and am always having to tell my students "no guns in school" (you'd be amazed at what they try to fashion into a gun!)...plus it would be just our luck that some innocent but nasty bystander would get hit with something one of our guests threw and complain.  I did buy some foam flying discs though.  Oh, and my nieces love getting their nails painted too...maybe some child-safe nailpolish?

Originally Posted by Manda123 

If anyone wants to see my brochures, send me a PM. I don't know how to black out all of her private info, so I feel weird about just posting it publicly. I wouldn't mind emailing it to you ladies, though!

For those of you who want to use vista, you can still make them in Publisher and upload them to Vista. Make sure you save the front and back as two separate files, since you can only upload one file at a time on Vista. AND uploads are FREE right now.

So a couple of kids are now joining us in Mexico: 11 year old girl, 9 year old boy, 8 year old girl. What do I get kids these ages!? I have NO idea. Ideas ?!

#2107 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
              • 335 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

Unfortunately I don't have any photos to share as I still have not printed them! I'm still working on last minute changes.  

I used the template found at this link: 

Busy Bee,

Do you mind if I ask you how you designed your passport brochure? I am in the midst of doing ours but frustrated...can't figure out how to set it up and what to include. Would you mind posting some photos of yours? It may help spark my creativity. We need to get ours ready to send by next week. I thought of doing brochures or post cards with Vistaprint but don't think we have time...need to send some overseas.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

I would love to know too actually...we're going to use the passport covers from Michaels that I bought earlier this year to create a planning/information guide to hand out at our open house next month...eeep...I hate that it's already "next month"!!!  Did you use the large postcards as the cover, clip the corners to round them and fold them in half?

#2108 AquaCait

AquaCait
                • 209 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

No problem!!!  Happy to help!!!

Originally Posted by daniellejan2012 

Thank you, I'm from Oshawa as well and was looking for these!!

#2109 lianee

lianee
                  • 86 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

How about some water guns, beach balls and/or frisbees?  Depending on the kids, you could also try some activity books with word finds, puzzles, etc.  Superstore sometimes has their card games (e.g., scrabble slam, monopoly deal, etc) on sale for like $3.00.  Do you think the kids would be interested in those?

All the kids coming to my wedding will be under 3, so we're just sticking with good old sand toys... but 11, 9 and 8-year-olds might not be too old for sand-castle-building materials....

Originally Posted by Manda123 

#2110 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

i talked to our pharma and she said to only put one in there not both... i was told that immodium is the better of the two, so that is what im going with hope that helps hun

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I have a question for everyone:

Does imodium and pepto essentially do the same thing or should I be putting BOTH in the OOT bags?!  

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users