Photo

If you aren't having a ring bearer...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

We are only having a MOH (my sis) and a BM (his bro). Does this mean that the BM holds both rings and handles that business? it seems like a silly question but I am just going over the details. Would he just hold in his pants pocket since he won't be wearing a suit?

What is everyone planning- or what did you do?

.. becuase I have lost all ability to make my own decidions without validation from all the wonderful women on this site.

thanks!

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

For me, our best man held the rings throughout the ceremony and then busted them out when needed.

#3 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

I have personally seen it done two ways. You could have the MOH hold (usually she places it on one of her fingers) the soon-to-be DH ring while the BM holds yours. Or the BM can hold on to both rings (usually in his pants pocket. We are having a ring bearer, but a combination of a 4 year old and sand and expensive rings does not work well in my mind, so I plan to give them to the BM to hold.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#4 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
        • 475 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

I have personally seen it done two ways. You could have the MOH hold (usually she places it on one of her fingers) the soon-to-be DH ring while the BM holds yours. Or the BM can hold on to both rings (usually in his pants pocket. We are having a ring bearer, but a combination of a 4 year old and sand and expensive rings does not work well in my mind, so I plan to give them to the BM to hold.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

We just gave them to the wedding coordinator who was doing the translation of the ceremony.

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

double post

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

I had MOH hold my husbands ring and the BM held mine.

#8 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

my MOH held DHs ring, and the BM held my ring

#9 yamille

yamille
                  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

Thanks ladies. Having the BM hold mine so he can pass off to FI makes sense and vice versa.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Yari
                    For me, our best man held the rings throughout the ceremony and then busted them out when needed.
                    Yari congratulations! I just saw your new ticker- how exciting. I haven't seen you around in a while I guess. Hope you are well

Thanks for the input guys.

#10 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,047 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                    • LocationToronto

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

I am going to have the best man hold my ring to pass to my FI and my MOH will hold my FI`s ring to pass over to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users