Photo

Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

Another late welcome and congratulations!!!
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#12 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by hln321
      Another late welcome and congratulations!!!
      Add one more to the list. Welcome!

We are also planning on getting married there (right now we're thinking Summer of '09, so we've got 2 years to plan!). We're heading down there in June to go check out resorts, mainly Iberostar. I'll post more after the trip...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#13 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

welcome.. i have been and stayed at a ton of resorts there .. let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

#14 leamil

leamil
        • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

Thanks all!! We are probably going the AI route and definitely want a nice beach that has snorkeling and scuba nearby. Kid friendly is a must. Thanks for the tip about the hurricane damage, we'll have to steer clear of the sand bags!!

Price...not sure. We want our guests to be able to stay at the resort and are thinking around $200 per person per night would be acceptable.

Thanks again!

Leah & Jeff

#15 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!

#16 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

I'm quite partial to the Barcelo, myself :P

You can snorkel right off the pier there or down the far end of the beach and the ocean is great for swimming. They have an awesome kids area and club and it's pretty affordable...

#17 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:13 AM

Welcome to the board Leah! Good luck with the planning!

#18 Clussy75

Clussy75
                • 533 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

Welcome and Congratulations! We were also looking in the Riviera Maya area but with a slimmer timeline that most have and a set wedding date that we wanted (found out Cancun/Cozume/playa del Carmen are don't do weddings on Sundays which I didn't know before) that couldn't be accomodated we ended up going with the Los Cabos area of Mexico instead. There's certainly a lot of options for you and since you're planning far enough in advance, you're sure to find just what you need. As Nini_Bride pointed out though, you'll want to consider hurricane season in your planning as well (I believe from June to late November). i don't know the intensity of how much this hits the East Coast of Mexico but it is something to look into if you're planning on having the ceremony in that time frame.

Good luck and have fun with the planning!

Claudia & Sean
                  11/11/07

#19 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
                  • Vendor
                  • 336 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:31 AM

Hi!
                    I just saw your slideshow and is beutiful!!
                    Congratulations!!
                    Hi and welcome! I got married in Riviera Maya last May at a private villa. I highly recommend it, if you want privacy with your guests. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see more pics. Here is our slideshow Riviera Maya Yucatan Mexico Destination Wedding Photography by Brian Tsai - Life Mosaics. Good luck with your planning.

#20 Trista

Trista
                    • 304 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

Welcome

I can't help you with information on Riviera Maya but there are tons of girls getting married there who are very helpful~Congrats and Good Luck
                      COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users