• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#6331 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Location:Florida
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Ok... well I have reached my 150 posts Yay for me!!! I have been looking through this thread and although it was extremely informative I somehow feel more confused. Or maybe it is just too much information in too little time.

For last week or so I have been looking through online stores that had good reviews and fell in love with a dress sold by babyonline, and I keep going back to it. one http://www.dhgate.co...s/84928910.html

My main concern with ordering from babyonline is the beading. This dress is fairly simple and In my opinion the beading makes this dress. If it ends up with cheap looking beads I think it could make a huge difference in the overall look. I did email Jasmins tonight with the info, waiting for a reply. But now am thinking of dressilyme.

@candle23 I really like your dress and the outcome of it. but trying to see more of the beading at the neckline if you have close up pictures. What are your thoughts about it? 

I'm not really in a hurry, i'm going to try on dresses for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks, and maybe my thoughts about what I like and suits me are way off. But I just cannot stop thinking about this dress. 

Help!!!

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#6332 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

@Lillian84 just look back, I did post pictures of the dress I bought in January. It is from Dressilyme. I would definitely recommend them, I think they did a great job on my dress. But...I did just order a second dress! I was just having a lot of mixed feeling about the dress, I think it is beautiful and really do love it, but the style that it is (slight mermaid) it isn't the most comfortable thing to move around in. I know that most wedding dresses aren't, but I want to feel a little comfy!!

I would for sure say to go and try on dresses and get a good feel for what you are looking for before deciding!

Will keep everyone posted on how this dress turns out! Even better too is that I am not telling anyone besides my sisters about this dress....so it will be a surprise!

#6333 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Thank you @candle23 I did see more of your pictures and they really did a great job. Your second dress is beautiful, hope you are comfy in it. Can't wait to see it! 

#6334 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

Questiong for girls that used Jasmine. I emailed them on Sunday and still haven't heard anything from them. How long did it take for them to respond? 

#6335 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Questiong for girls that used Jasmine. I emailed them on Sunday and still haven't heard anything from them. How long did it take for them to respond?

In reading on the weddingbee site I know they are quite busy.

I'd wait another day or two and then maybe reach out to them there or on Facebook

#6336 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

thanks @kmk2016 I'll give it until Firday. 

Edited by Lilian84, 05 August 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#6337 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

I did see some dresses online that were far less expensive than the original.  I opted not to go that route as I felt that it was too risky.  I'm glad to hear that lots of brides had success!

#6338 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Just got an email today that my dress and veil have been shipped! Yay! This dress is a surprise purchase that FI doesn't know about so I am sure hoping it doesn't come today since he decided to play hooky with work and stay home with me! Lol

#6339 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Just got an email today that my dress and veil have been shipped! Yay! This dress is a surprise purchase that FI doesn't know about so I am sure hoping it doesn't come today since he decided to play hooky with work and stay home with me! Lol

awesome! Make sure you post pics of your inspiration and the final product!!!! Exciting! Its been slow here lately of brides getting their dresses!!!!!

#6340 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Lol, so somehow I got the email at 2:55am that my dress and veil had shipped, and they just arrived at 1:45pm!! Of course they did since Brad is home!! Looks pretty good, I can't get into it by myself so have to wait for some help! The dress is definitely not the like the picture I ordered, but it is very pretty still! The only thing is I bought it because it was a line and this one is for sure more fitting in the hips and thighs!! Oh, and it smells a lil funky but nothing a little airing out can't fix! I will post some pics once I get my butt into it properly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users