6405 replies to this topic

#5731 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

ummmmm... scratch head,,,,,, did you say ebay???  :o danielle03 they did an AMAZING job.. im shocked!!! congratulations... and the price is mind blowing... congratulations X 10000 lol

Yep eBay! No lie! I ordered it like mar 18 and it got here the Thursday that just past! The price was excellent. I was skeptical but that y I ordered it before the dress store needed their order in by! I figure try it out and if it sucked then still can order the original :) Thanks Allie! Are u girls planning to/ or have ordered any? Also the ADVANTAGE of this dress is its WAY lighter then the original. I'm getting married in Jamaica so It will be super hot and the original weighed I swear 50lbs!!

#5732 misschia

misschia
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by SweetheartAggie 

Okay - I am guilty - I, too, have been stalking this page since I tried on a couple wedding dresses (without having any sort of budget in mind - HUGE MISTAKE I MIGHT ADD) and fell in love with a couple of dresses... UNTIL I came across "THE" dress... I have never tried it on but the lady at the bridal store was telling me about the designer after explaining what I was looking for. So here is the dress I have decided on:

Top of Dress

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Back of Dress

Dress on London Runway - I just want a longer train

I have requested quotes from:

- Babyonline (no reply yet)

- Jasmine's Bridal (no reply as they are behind on their replies)

- EnjoyWeddingLife ($179)

- DressilyMe (refused to make due to the complexity of the top bra)

I am a tall (5'9") female with a naturally large chest (34D) and a small waist (26").  So I need a dress with support otherwise I just look frumpy - but I've always dreamed of having a backless dress as I am muscular (Bikini competitor at bodybuilding shows) so I consider my backside a major asset.  I plan on having a lace veil to match the length of the train.

What do y'all think?

this is my first post so it may take a while for the pictures to show. :)

Thanks! :)

*hugs*

beautiful dresss!! :)

#5733 Dalia Nala

Dalia Nala
    • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

heya

i have ordered my two dresses and i wont say im in love lol but they have certainly grown on me.  obviously i did not have as much info about purchasing knock offs as i do now.  but i will be ordering another dress to compare.  i ordered from keren wedding they were initially on alibaba.com but it seems they are no longer registered.  this is the dress i liked.CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

this is the dress on me.

as u can see the dress shud have had some beading work on the side which wasnt done.  but when i informed her she agreed to send me the beading so i can get it attached as well as a belt to wear with the dress.  so obviously that help soothe my sorrow :-)  the back of the dress was meant to be corset but they had put a zip which kinda sux but they are also sending me extra fabric to get that fixed.  i would obviously have preferred to have a situation where they had done it right but alas.

i was worried the dress would be small so i had given slightly bigger measurements so the dress needs some serious alterations but nothing ridiculous.  i am sure once the dress has been steamed it will look heck of alot more nice.  my mom isnt loving it coz its plain but thts what i liked about this dress.

the second dress is super cute.  im not loving were the pink belt is places but that may have to do with my measurements not being exact but im so sure i will have loads of fun with this.

i would def recommend them all i would suggest is get them to send pictures before they ship.

i am considering making one more purchase since i have seen good reviews of babyonline

#5734 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
      • 413 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
      • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dalia Nala 

heya

i have ordered my two dresses and i wont say im in love lol but they have certainly grown on me.  obviously i did not have as much info about purchasing knock offs as i do now.  but i will be ordering another dress to compare.  i ordered from keren wedding they were initially on alibaba.com but it seems they are no longer registered.  this is the dress i liked.CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

this is the dress on me.

as u can see the dress shud have had some beading work on the side which wasnt done.  but when i informed her she agreed to send me the beading so i can get it attached as well as a belt to wear with the dress.  so obviously that help soothe my sorrow :-)  the back of the dress was meant to be corset but they had put a zip which kinda sux but they are also sending me extra fabric to get that fixed.  i would obviously have preferred to have a situation where they had done it right but alas.

i was worried the dress would be small so i had given slightly bigger measurements so the dress needs some serious alterations but nothing ridiculous.  i am sure once the dress has been steamed it will look heck of alot more nice.  my mom isnt loving it coz its plain but thts what i liked about this dress.

the second dress is super cute.  im not loving were the pink belt is places but that may have to do with my measurements not being exact but im so sure i will have loads of fun with this.

i would def recommend them all i would suggest is get them to send pictures before they ship.

i am considering making one more purchase since i have seen good reviews of babyonline

both dresses look great! :)

#5735 Dalia Nala

Dalia Nala
      • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

you looked amazing on ur special day wow.  did you wear a petticoat with this dress.

#5736 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
        • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Dalia Nada, gorggeeouss!

Wondering if any of you have heard of topspartner.com? I did a search in here but no go. My friend got 2 dresses from this lady in the company (from China, lady's name is Kathy) and the dresses had great workmanship.

I am in love with Maggie Sottero's Caprice dress and have thought about asking some of the companies in china to make it. If any of you have heard of topspartner.com specifically plz advise!

Here is my friend's dress, their wedding is under "Jesse and Emily" - http://www.reinercar...ry/destination/

#5737 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
          • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Eeek she has my dress lol!

http://www.topspartn...tures_hash=V1#2

Maggie sottero caprice!

I head to calgary (city over) to go dress shopping for the first time tomorrow! Going with my older sis and MOH, can't wait!

#5738 MissJali

MissJali
            • 935 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Does anyone know if babyonline has any good experience with lace dresses? I'm thinking I might get the Allure 8959 as a reception dress. Let me know please!!

#5739 misschia

misschia
              • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Does anyone know if babyonline has any good experience with lace dresses? I'm thinking I might get the Allure 8959 as a reception dress. Let me know please!!

I thought the lace that babyonline did for me was pretty well done. :) And I just looked at the Allure 8959 dress, it was BEAUTIFUL!

#5740 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by misschia 

I thought the lace that babyonline did for me was pretty well done. :) And I just looked at the Allure 8959 dress, it was BEAUTIFUL!

Yessssss!! I'm waiting for my other dress to come in from Babyonline. She quoted me $189 for the Allure 8959. So depending on how happy I am with my wedding dress...I will order it from babyonline for the reception dress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users