Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3781 moparvenus

moparvenus
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

I just wanted to repost this post since it seems to have been under review for a long time before posting. (I'm new). Anyways, I really wanted to share some info that I found out while dress searching. Thanks again :)

Originally Posted by moparvenus 

I'm a newbie :)

I just spent most of my vacation week reading through this entire thread. All of you beautiful ladies have given such wonderful advice. I really enjoyed reading all the posts and looking at the original pictures VS. replicas was very informative.  It was amazing how the communication stories between buyer and seller became more detailed and specific with every bride. Just shows how valuable your advice has become.

I believe I found my dream dresses and I am currently composing notes of details so I can receive honest quotes. I know that I want to purchase sample swatches to compare. I also want to see finished product pictures. I am in the process of loosing weight so I will need to try on more types of silhouettes to ensure the flattering design. I also want to start communications with the vendors to make sure that we understand each other fully. And yes, I will be measured by a professional!

So far I believe that I will be dealing with either Gianinar Bridal or Jasmine's Bridal. I sent each a quick email on the dress pics I have for a rough idea of price and ability to perform the design.

This is what I learned:

Jasmine's Bridal was very specific on details and expectations. They want a very detailed list of questions and concerns. But they also stated for me to check out their previously made dresses to make sure I felt that their designs would meet my demands BEFORE they would even concider looking at my pictures. You can see their work on their website and also on facebook.

They seem to be pricer but they also appear to push top-line materials.

Gianinar Bridal: I found the dress I love on their ebay store. It is a picture of their actual work!  They also have a web site a605a ~ebay.jpga605b ~ebay.jpga605c~ebay.jpg

( I would like this in pink like the picture for the reception dress)

GR124 ~duosheng.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

#3782 shishkabobbett

shishkabobbett
    • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

I just wanted to repost this post since it seems to have been under review for a long time before posting. (I'm new). Anyways, I really wanted to share some info that I found out while dress searching. Thanks again :)

Where can you find the pictures of their actual work?

#3783 erinmc

erinmc
      • 284 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for sharing!! Both dresses are beautiful!!  I now will have to check out Gianinar Bridal. I did get a quote from Jasmine's Bridal, and Babyonline. I think I will stay away form babyonline, thanks to others warnings!!

#3784 erinmc

erinmc
        • 284 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

I can't find Gianinar's work or contact info. other then the 8 items on ebay.

#3785 moparvenus

moparvenus
          • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

I first saw the dress I love (above) on their ebay store. Yes, there was only a few listed when I looked too. They have a web site that I found www.gianinarbridal.com . But when I emailed them I asked about seeing pictures of their completed work. That's when they gave me this address. www.aliciarbridal.com . They say it shows their most recent projects and new lines. The dresses look amazing.

I'm still going to talk with Jasmine's Bridal but I honestly think I already made up my mind. I can't beat their prices and I am on a very strict budget. (We are paying for the wedding ourselves and we have four kids together and doing house renos. I know, I'm crazy!).

I will admit, Jasmine's Bridal is very clear and fast on their responses and concerns. They get an A+ in my book. Gianinar was easy to talk with also. They just seemed more relaxed. However, I was just looking for a simple quote without asking as many questions and alterations as I did with Jasmine's. So I do need to be fair :)

#3786 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
            • 144 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

I got a very similar run around from them, too!  They said it would be ready, gave me the fake tracking number, and then 2 more weeks and nothing.  I filed with paypal before it was too late and got an instant refund.  I would wonder if that dress is even yours or if they are stalling for time.

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3787 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
              • 144 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hopefully you have better luck than I did.  After 8 weeks I still had no dress even though they said I would receive it in 6 weeks!  They said they needed another week before they even started it.  I got a refund immediately with no  hassle on the $80 "non-refundable" deposit with giannarbridal.

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3788 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

I emailed babyonline this morning and said I wanted to cancel my order as they've been telling me for almost 2 weeks now that they would email me pictures but didn't, but magicaly about an hour later I got my pictures, which you can see below. What do you think? I've asked them to remove the second row of beading (had never requested that) :

DHGate 8.jpg

DHGate 9.jpg

DHGate 10.jpg

Any honest feedback would be appreciated! 

Besides asking to remove the second row of beading, do you have any other advice or suggestions?

I also asked them to confirm if boning and if so how many.

#3789 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

Where can you find the pictures of their actual work?

#3790 erinmc

erinmc
                    • 284 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

I first saw the dress I love (above) on their ebay store. Yes, there was only a few listed when I looked too. They have a web site that I found

I emailed babyonline this morning and said I wanted to cancel my order as they've been telling me for almost 2 weeks now that they would email me pictures but didn't, but magicaly about an hour later I got my pictures, which you can see below. What do you think? I've asked them to remove the second row of beading (had never requested that) :

DHGate 8.jpg

DHGate 9.jpg

DHGate 10.jpg

Any honest feedback would be appreciated! 

Besides asking to remove the second row of beading, do you have any other advice or suggestions?

I also asked them to confirm if boning and if so how many.

Beautiful!! It is hard to tell being that it is not on a manaquin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users