Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2771 primavera

primavera
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thanks girls! 

Bonnie, I know I'm running out of time and it is freaking me out, but I have not had money to buy anything earlier so not much I can do.

Anyway, thinking about getting this dress http://www.ellabridals.com/dress-5487 Have been chatting a little with inweddingdress.com about having them make it, but not convinced since I'm not sure they have made it before. I have not tried on the original, so I don't know how it will fit me and again, running out of time....

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#2772 rachey82

rachey82
    • 20 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

@

#2773 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
      • Banned
      • 253 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Privarera

There is a dress on the Dessy website that looks similar to this and is only a few hundred dollars if I recall.  If you are running out of time and money is an issue, I'm pretty sure the Dessy dresses are very affordable.

"He's my Lobster"

#2774 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
        • Banned
        • 253 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

Primavera: It's actually a Sandals dress and if you go to the bestbridal prices .com site - most of the dress are around 300-350 dollars with free delivery in the united states. 

"He's my Lobster"

#2775 Courtastrophe

Courtastrophe
          • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by manni 

Love the dress, court, and I am nothing like conservative! Maybe you can try this(sophia tolli) dress on somewehere? I think it is pretty similar.Y11005_JKT_006_Hero.jpg

OHMYGOODNESS! YES!

That is beautiful and SO close to the Justin dress! I will have to lurk now and find out how close a boutique is with that dress! =3

You. Ladies. Are. Amazing.

And oh so Savvy Chic!

If I had but an hour of love, If that be all that is given me, An hour of love upon this earth, I would give my love to Thee. <3

#2776 gracimurano

gracimurano
            • Banned
            • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Hey girls!! I finally got my dress!! Unfortunately I had to travel because of my work so I won't be coming home for another 40 days. I asked my sister-in-law to try on my dress (she is a little thinner than me) and my mother took the pictures. From the 18 pictures my mother sent me, 17 were bad, but I post them anyway.

P1010019.JPGP1010009.JPGP1010025.JPGP1010024.JPG

What do you girls think?

#2777 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

I think the dress looks beautiful! 

I totally sympathize with you being away from home for so long. I've been away for 6 of the last 7 months.

#2778 sascolo

sascolo
                • 184 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

It is gorgeous!

#2779 gracimurano

gracimurano
                  • Banned
                  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

P1010003.JPGP1010021.JPG

#2780 echraide

echraide
                    • 152 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

For those of you who have bought a dress sight-unseen (at least in person). How did it work out for you? I'm desperately in love with this dress but its an older style. I'm considering having it made but its so important to me that the beading detail be there. I'm not so unrealistic to say that it must be identical, but the beading on the overlay is part of what I love so much about this dress. For those of you with experience, is it enough to just try on a similar style of dress to make sure at least the style looks good on me? And if I am concerned about specific details being intact with the dress being made, is this something that can be done if I express the specific concerns I have or am I unrealistic?

Ophelia.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users