Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2461 adcarter41

adcarter41
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

I think there is a Chinese holiday coming up so most sellers will be away for a week. Not sure though.

Originally Posted by kkkk 

Ladies,

I have emailed Babyonline and MonicaBridal through Dhgate and asked for contact, as I couldn't attach my file with pictures of the dress I would like to have made.

It's been already few day, but none of them replied. Would you know why?

Can you share their email address with me?

By the way, does any of you know something about tiffanybridal website?

I would be gratefull for any advises.

#2462 aussie-2

aussie-2
    • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hi KKKK

DHgate and Babyonline are on holidays 28 Jan - 9 Feb They will do have some staff on but there is an approx 3 day delay in getting back to you instead of the usual 3 hours and I think babyonlines factories are closed, they are extending all their due dates by 3 weeks

#2463 jason111

jason111
      • Banned
      • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

i don't have the experience of buying wedding dress abroad. but i do had a good experience of buying wedding cards overseas. I ordered the designs from their website and the delivery was excellent. I got the exact designs within a 4-5 days of order.

Thank you,

Jason

scroll wedding cards

scroll wedding card

christian wedding cards canada

#2464 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:12 AM

yeap, Feb 3 is the chinese new year.  Workers will take off for 7-10 days, go back to their village and spend some time with their family.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2465 Jenni77

Jenni77
          • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

I need help. Has anyone ever had a knock off made of Pronovias Oceano or San Patrick Besaya? If so, PLEASE send pictures. I have searched high and low and spent MANY hours online trying to find a price for these on a budget. I've been on all the used dresses for sale sites. They are either still out of my price range or not in my size. Who is the best knock of dress maker out there? Thanks! ~Jen

#2466 Jenni77

Jenni77
            • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

PLEASE help! I am a bride on a second wedding budget. I want a Pronovias Oceano! I have spent hours and hours online searching for one on the used wedding dress sites. They are either to expensive or not the right size(5'9). Has anyone had a knock off made? I'd love to see it! My only worry is this is an all lace dress. Would a knock off look even close to this good?

38919_dress.jpg

#2467 magirl

magirl
              • 198 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

I am having the same problem as you, while I am sure of the quality of the dress the lace samples they sent were just standard lace and the pronovias dresses I want, I want' because the lace is so beautiful.

I'm not sure what to do either so I would be interested to see if anyone responds!

#2468 kkkk

kkkk
                • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for advices. I will wait few more days and hopefully someone  replies ;-)

What about tiffanybridals.com - has anyone heard anything about that one?

By the way - I really appreciate that you put your comments and pictures here - it is very helpful ;-)

#2469 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
                  • 71 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

I think the problem you will run into is that it won't look exactly like that so you may be disappointed.  That dress has a very unique lace that is probably impossible to match.  The designer made it with that lace for a reason, it might not look right with a different type of lace.  Unless you are very openminded and flexible, I'd steer clear of trying to do an all lace knockoff.

Originally Posted by Jenni77 

PLEASE help! I am a bride on a second wedding budget. I want a Pronovias Oceano! I have spent hours and hours online searching for one on the used wedding dress sites. They are either to expensive or not the right size(5'9). Has anyone had a knock off made? I'd love to see it! My only worry is this is an all lace dress. Would a knock off look even close to this good?

38919_dress.jpg

#2470 DeaChris11

DeaChris11
                    • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

I just found this thread and I am amazed at all the information.  I just emailed Monica Bridal regarding a mia solano dress that I love!!! I have yet to find it for under $1000 so I thought why not :).  I am not wanting to spend more than $500 on a dress so under $200 would be even better.  This is the dress I am interested in (i guess termed my inspiration dress).  Let me know if you guys think it can be done. mia solano M436C Front.jpgmia solano m436c Back.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users