Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2211 Brandy

Brandy
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

Thanks cookie, I know I kind of like it better bc the flowers are fuller and more detailed, you cant tell in pic but the center of the flowers has like pearls.

#2212 terilina

terilina
    • 179 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

My dress is here!!  I love it!  It fits like a glove!  I am so happy with Gaininer.  I will try to take a picture of it soon and post it here.  Everyone here has been of such great help!  Thanks!

I should also mention, they shipped with DHL.  It took only about 4 work days to get here.  But they charged me $21 when delivered it.  The dress/shipping cost was right around $160 plus the $21 fee.

#2213 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
      • 899 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

Great to hear when the dress fits perfectly!  Can't wait to see pictures!

Originally Posted by terilina 

My dress is here!!  I love it!  It fits like a glove!  I am so happy with Gaininer.  I will try to take a picture of it soon and post it here.  Everyone here has been of such great help!  Thanks!

I should also mention, they shipped with DHL.  It took only about 4 work days to get here.  But they charged me $21 when delivered it.  The dress/shipping cost was right around $160 plus the $21 fee.

#2214 shootystar

shootystar
        • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

Awesome, I can't wait to see it! Also, what email did you email Gaininer at? I've tried all 3 emails I can find and got bounced from 2 and no reply from the other. >_>

#2215 Less is more

Less is more
          • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Have any of you ladies used bridalgownsonsale.com website.  Not sure where i should get dress from?  would like the maggie sottero Cassia.  It will be my second dress so definitely looking for great price and quality more importantly.  

#2216 terilina

terilina
            • 179 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by shootystar View Post

Quote:
              Originally Posted by terilina View Post

Awesome, I can't wait to see it! Also, what email did you email Gaininer at? I've tried all 3 emails I can find and got bounced from 2 and no reply from the other. >_>

Shootystar - gianinarbridal@hotmail.com is the email I was using.  Have you checked your junk mail?  I think their emails came to my junk mail at first.

#2217 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
              • 376 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

Cant wait to see pics!!

Just want to give you ladies a heads up as well about something that happened to me.  Not sure if Canada Customs is stricter than US Customs, but anyways...  my dress was due to arrive two days ago and I hadn't heard anything.  I got a phone call from DHL early this morning telling me that Canada Customs has seized my dress because the value on the package was written as $30 and they (of course) had a hard time believing a wedding dress only cost $30.  I now have to go pay them a visit and show them all sorts of proof of purchase so that they will release it.

In talking to a friend, she tells me that I should consider myself lucky they called because oftentimes when Customs seizes a package, they dont call to let you know.  The lady I spoke to at Customs was very nice... she said a lot of packages shipped from China are undervalued so those are watched a bit more carefully.  I guess the lesson here is to make sure whoever is shipping your stuff puts a more accurate value on the package so this doesn't happen to you too!  My first dress also was labelled at $30 and was sent from a different vendor, so it looks like this is pretty standard practice. 

#2218 Less is more

Less is more
                • 154 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

Can't wait to see the dresses ladies!!!  Soooo exciting!!

#2219 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Cookie,

It is only in Canada.  In US, they don't do it at all!  Same thing with a fancy watch or ring when u enter the border, the custom would ask for proof that u didn't bought it outside of the country.  My sis works for the Federal, and she is completely a psycho, trying to recoup every cent on a dollar.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2220 shootystar

shootystar
                    • 27 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

Who here got an ivory dress from monica bridal? It doesn't look too yellow on their website but I wanted to make sure that it was more an off white than a light yellow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users