Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1391 breeze616

breeze616
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

D14 - I think a V shape would look really nice - but really its up to you! Either way it's still beautiful!

#1392 eholt

eholt
    • 528 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:31 AM

I emailed Gianinar today and can't wait to hear back from them!

May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica
      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#1393 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
      • 267 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Your dress is looking beautiful; I agree changing the back will not only add style/elegance...help with ventilation!  :)

I agree with the V shape as well...but also agree that it will look beautiful no matter what!

Originally Posted by D14me 

Thanks Sabrina. My cousin and I were dicussing lowering the back today. Do you guys think I should ask for a U,V shape? Or just tell them to lower it? The color of the top was bothering me too :)

#1394 Eden

Eden
        • Banned
        • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Michelle-2 

All of these dresses from Gianinar Bridal look fantastic!!!  I am looking at a few different Maggie dresses.  Once I decide which one I want to go with I am going to have Gianinar make it.

Just wondering... has anyone ordered a dress from inweddingdress.com?  They have a huge selection at great prices.  It's kind of tempting, but I am not sure about them. 

After a search, I found this. Some of the reviews are good, but a couple of them say that it was a nightmare. If there's any question, I'd recommend skipping it and going with a trusted site to avoid any headaches. When I research a site, I type it into my google search bar, and if one of the suggestions is "scam", it generally has a lot of really, really bad reviews.

Now, for my own question - have any of you ever asked Gianinar to create a choker to match your dress? If you did, how much more did it cost? I'm thinking of requesting a matching lace choker with a space to add three pendants.

#1395 Less is more

Less is more
          • 154 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

Hello ladies,

Noob alert! lol  I have been looking into finding a nice TTD dress for the right price.  I must say thank you to you all for posting pics and your experiences.  I am truely getting stressed as time draws near and budget gets smaller.  If, you don"t mind me asking how much are the Gianinar dresses costing?  And all i have to do is send them a photo of the dress I want?  I am so clueless in this department! HELP

#1396 breeze616

breeze616
            • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hi Less!

I think mine is $120 + $60 shipping to Canada. They usually seem to be between $100-$200, depending on how complicated it is. Is that about right ladies?

#1397 briannarae23

briannarae23
              • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

dress1dress2ok, i have looked and looked - and i found 2 pictures of dresses that i like; but i can only find them on the replica websites! How can i find out what designer really makes these dresses???  has anyone ever seen them?  Help!

#1398 briannarae23

briannarae23
                • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

ok i will try again - see if the pictures show up this time - does anyone know who makes either of

these dresses??dress2dress 1

#1399 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by breeze616 

Hi Less!

I think mine is $120 + $60 shipping to Canada. They usually seem to be between $100-$200, depending on how complicated it is. Is that about right ladies?

yeap.  Simple dress is $120 (chiffon beach dress), simple dress with layers is $160 (chiffons or organza with layerings) and dress with a lot of beadings is $180. 

The quality is comparable to those $800-$1500 USD dress found in bridal shops in North America.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1400 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by briannarae23 

dress1dress2ok, i have looked and looked - and i found 2 pictures of dresses that i like; but i can only find them on the replica websites! How can i find out what designer really makes these dresses???  has anyone ever seen them?  Help!

Both dresses are part of the MaggieSottero Destinations Collection, retail at around $1000 USD, made in China (that is why you see them on all replicas websites).

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)