Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts

Hello Ladies! Please bare with me as I try to upload pics here for the first time.

 

after months of agonizing over which shop to go with, I went with Gianinar, mostly because of their pay the deposit, get pics, then decide if you want to buy policy. I'm (trying) to post pics of the inspiration dress, the pics from Gianinar  and one when I got the dress home...sorry, no pics of it on, we were in a huge rush with no camera, but It fits PERFECTLY! even after losing about 15 pounds. I made the initial measurements snug because I knew I was going to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. my sister in law just did a really quick lace-up to make sure it fit and she said that I could lose (or even gain!) another 10 pounds and it would still fit perfectly... GO CORSET!!! :)  I'm extremely happy with it! I actually stopped looking at the pic of the inspiration dress once I got "MY" dress. I think it helps if you don't compare them side by side and analyze every tiny detail and try to pick out the slight differences. I love my dress and I'm excited to wear it, that's all that really matters, right? :)

dress-sierra.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

IMG_0591-REV.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love your dress! I ordered mine from Jasmine's Bridal as well, after debating between many out there. Their FB page speaks for itself, so hopefully your dress will fit like a glove cheesy.gif

I will post the pictures of mine once it's ready, so far they've only emailed me the lace arrangement. keeping my fingers crossed, that it'll be as perfect as all of the dresses they make.

Please post some pics of you in it when you receive it.
 

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

Ok ladies so I just got pictures of my dress.   Let me know what you think and is there anything that I am missing that might need to be changed?

 

ThanksIMG_0378.JPG1073-Fixed.jpgIMG_0045.JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think this dress is beautiful. Looks like they did a great job with the beading.

Once you get it hemmed and ironed I think you will feel a lot better about it.
 

Originally Posted by lleow3 View Post

One-Stopos (dhgate seller) got my dress measurements wrong (which was a little disappointing)- I will now have to pay a seamstress to hem it. Luckily I'm not far from a US size 4, and for this particular gown it doesnt matter what the hip measurement is, so it fits pretty well. It has a very thick satin underlayer (two satin layers stictched together) but the outer taffeta layer is rather thin. I've posted this picture in the last post.

16082011041.jpg

 

It did have 9 bones though, and is well structured inside.

 

I'd recommend Babyonline over One-Stopos based on what I've heard about Babyonline.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This dress is BEAUTIFUL! THey really did a great job!
 

Originally Posted by lleow3 View Post

One-Stopos (dhgate seller) got my dress measurements wrong (which was a little disappointing)- I will now have to pay a seamstress to hem it. Luckily I'm not far from a US size 4, and for this particular gown it doesnt matter what the hip measurement is, so it fits pretty well. It has a very thick satin underlayer (two satin layers stictched together) but the outer taffeta layer is rather thin. I've posted this picture in the last post.

16082011041.jpg

 

It did have 9 bones though, and is well structured inside.

 

I'd recommend Babyonline over One-Stopos based on what I've heard about Babyonline.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having these dresses made by babyonline for my bridesmaids. So far they have been great to work with and communication has been top notch. I will keep you all posted.

 

Dress Front.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you ladies for the wonderful comments!

 

exquisite02, I will be glad to post some pictures and comment on the structure once I recieve my dress,

 

katusha I will also post some pics of me in my dress, please make sure to post pictures of your dress once you get some!  I was really happy with my photos and dress so hopefully you will have the same results!  cheesy.gif  I am sure you will

 

Originally Posted by exquisite02 View Post

Vbbbtk, what a beautiful dress! I was wondering if you could please comment on the structure and boning of this dress when you get it because on their facebook page they don't show pictures of the inside of their dresses. Thank you!



 



 



Originally Posted by Aruba Bride View Post

Your dress is gorgeous!!

 



 



 



Originally Posted by Katusha View Post

Love your dress! I ordered mine from Jasmine's Bridal as well, after debating between many out there. Their FB page speaks for itself, so hopefully your dress will fit like a glove cheesy.gif

I will post the pictures of mine once it's ready, so far they've only emailed me the lace arrangement. keeping my fingers crossed, that it'll be as perfect as all of the dresses they make.

Please post some pics of you in it when you receive it.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dress is adorable!!! Is it a reasonable price??
 

Originally Posted by Lindy S View Post

I am having these dresses made by babyonline for my bridesmaids. So far they have been great to work with and communication has been top notch. I will keep you all posted.

 

Dress Front.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×