Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts



On the toolbar above (you can see if when you go to post something) choose the icon that says "insert image" It is the first icon on the 8 column ( the same column as the smiley face.) You can then choose the photos you want to post. Hope this helps :)

Originally Posted by shishkabobbett View Post

How do I post pictures?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the gathers looked better in the first picture you shared.  (Inserted the pics to help you get more feedback)

IMG_4011.jpg
 

 

I do not mind the embroidery detail but it appears the gather now look almost pinned or unfinished at the hip adding an extra "bump".  Are these the final pictures or are they still working on it.  It also seems like the dress just needs a good steaming.... 

 

IMG_4629.jpg

 

IMG_4633.jpg

Originally Posted by shishkabobbett View Post

I ordered my wedding dress from gianinarbridal in March. They sent me this photo about a month ago...
 

I asked them to make a few changes and to cover the seam across the thighs/hips with an embroidery applique. They sent me these update photos last night.
 

 

I'm not sure how i feel about the embroidery across the front and I think the organza gathers at the hip looks worse than they did the first time. Any ideas or opinions? Please, please help!


 

post-39419-138622275656_thumb.jpg

post-39419-13862227567_thumb.jpg

post-39419-138622275681_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi shishkabobbett,

 

I agree and disagree, too. I agree that the dress in the first picture is lacking. This may be, as Torilynsmith suggests because the dress appears unpressed. However, I disagree, about the second dress with applique looking worse. I think the second dress looks much better. The embroidery gives the dress some shape on its own and pronounces the gathers.

 

Since the dress is pinned and not finished, you may suggest to them to look at the left hip (the right when we look at it) and make sure that the gathers look smooth.

 

All the best!
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

I agree the gathers looked better in the first picture you shared.  (Inserted the pics to help you get more feedback)

IMG_4011.jpg
 

 

I do not mind the embroidery detail but it appears the gather now look almost pinned or unfinished at the hip adding an extra "bump".  Are these the final pictures or are they still working on it.  It also seems like the dress just needs a good steaming.... 

 

IMG_4629.jpg

 

IMG_4633.jpg



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you lindy s for the tip. And thanks torilynnsmith for posting the pictures for me. Thanks everyone for your feedback. The dress is still unfinished so I will ask them to smooth out the gathers before they finish the dress. Any ideas on changes to the embroidery? I don't want it to look like the embroidery is just there to cover up a seam, I want it to be part of the dress and right now it looks a little out of place... Is it just me or does it look like that to anyone else? And if so do you have any ideas on ways to cover the seam that looks like it flows with the dress?

I agree the gathers looked better in the first picture you shared.  (Inserted the pics to help you get more feedback)

IMG_4011.jpg

 

 

I do not mind the embroidery detail but it appears the gather now look almost pinned or unfinished at the hip adding an extra "bump".  Are these the final pictures or are they still working on it.  It also seems like the dress just needs a good steaming.... 

 

IMG_4629.jpg

 

IMG_4633.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!  I ordered my wedding dress from Monica Bridal and had a GREAT experience with them, dress was great, communication was wonderful and shipping was super quick. 

We had a perfect wedding day, here are a couple of pics:

 

Matt And Torie Wedding 1 665.JPGMatt And Torie Wedding 1 160 copy.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Is your dress a replica of another dress or is it an original design so to speak?  If it's a replica can you share the picture or the style etc of the dress you had it created after.

 

I HONESTLY do not feel the embroidery is out of place, I think it looks great and gives a really nice line.  I think your feeling is coming from the fact that the rest of the dress is very "clean lines" and simple elegance  ( I love a simple dress!!!)  What about having some of the embroidery done around the neckline?  Another suggestion would be a "mermaid" crinnolin (sp? sry!) under the lower part of your skirt to "oomf" it up a bit.  I honestly think a big part of the issue is that the bodice of the dress appears quite creased and wrinkled and that is simply because they are still working on it.  

 

If you have a picture of your "inspiration" or what you sent them to fashion it after that would help!!!

Originally Posted by shishkabobbett View Post

Thank you lindy s for the tip. And thanks torilynnsmith for posting the pictures for me. Thanks everyone for your feedback. The dress is still unfinished so I will ask them to smooth out the gathers before they finish the dress. Any ideas on changes to the embroidery? I don't want it to look like the embroidery is just there to cover up a seam, I want it to be part of the dress and right now it looks a little out of place... Is it just me or does it look like that to anyone else? And if so do you have any ideas on ways to cover the seam that looks like it flows with the dress?
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another place I've seen embroidery or appliques have been on straps. You could consider adding the applique to the straps, but I still like the dress better with the most recent change, the additional embroidery covering the seam.  Am I the only one that thinks that single accent accentuates the curves and slims the legs?
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


Is your dress a replica of another dress or is it an original design so to speak?  If it's a replica can you share the picture or the style etc of the dress you had it created after.

 

I HONESTLY do not feel the embroidery is out of place, I think it looks great and gives a really nice line.  I think your feeling is coming from the fact that the rest of the dress is very "clean lines" and simple elegance  ( I love a simple dress!!!)  What about having some of the embroidery done around the neckline?  Another suggestion would be a "mermaid" crinnolin (sp? sry!) under the lower part of your skirt to "oomf" it up a bit.  I honestly think a big part of the issue is that the bodice of the dress appears quite creased and wrinkled and that is simply because they are still working on it.  

 

If you have a picture of your "inspiration" or what you sent them to fashion it after that would help!!!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×