BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Originally Posted by cookayhaikoo View Post

Hello everyone!  I'm looking at a bunch of different places to do my dress.  I have looked at dressilyme, babyonline, monica bridal, topbridaldress, and duosheng to get quotes and all that good stuff.  I'm wanting the Maggie Sottero "Rachael", but I want off the shoulder straps added like on the Private Label by G 1391. I was looking through the thread and liked what I saw for duosheng and Monica Bridal.  Monica Bridal and Babyonline said they could do the straps.  Dressilyme said they could do it, but they'd have to change the neckline which I'm fine with.  They said they could do it for $213.19 excluding shipping.  We talked about the beading, and at first they said they couldn't do it.  Then when I told them I know it can't be 100% but I would like it as close as possible, they said they could get it at about 89%.  Monica bridal said they could do it for about $147.  Babyonline could do it for $150, but I've read here that Monica bridal does a better job at beading.  I'm not really sure who to go with.  Monica Bridal said they'd send me a picture of beading they've done that resembles my dress, but after the holiday is over (which is fine because I'm in no rush).  All I've seen on duosheng here lately is their communication is very much lacking so that makes me nervous.  The two big things I'm worried about is the beading and the big bow on the backside which is my favorite.  I'll add pictures and hope they show up!  

rachael9.jpg

rachael10.jpg

rachael9blah.jpg

Please forgive my lack of "photoshop" skills. LOL That's the idea I want atleast! Anyways, who do you think I should go with?

Hi I am new to this thread and wish I found it ages ago. I am expecting this dress from Babyonline tomorrow and dont think I asked enough questions before placing my order so very nervous about what I will get.

hi girls,

I just wanted to say that after two weeks of reading all posts and talking to several sellers, I've order my dress. They say it will be ready in march only, but i have plenty of time since my wedding is in june! I'm so happy, can't wait to receive it and post the pictures here! i hope i'll be a happy costumer! cross fingers!

I want to thank all of you for posting your experience, sharing your pictures! it really meant a lot to me! I can't believe i'm going to getty married to the sweetest guy in the world, and thanks to you, wearing a 200 U$ dress!!

:D:D:D

That's great! care to share pics of the dress you ordered?  Which seller did you go with...

Originally Posted by gracimurano View Post

hi girls,

I just wanted to say that after two weeks of reading all posts and talking to several sellers, I've order my dress. They say it will be ready in march only, but i have plenty of time since my wedding is in june! I'm so happy, can't wait to receive it and post the pictures here! i hope i'll be a happy costumer! cross fingers!

I want to thank all of you for posting your experience, sharing your pictures! it really meant a lot to me! I can't believe i'm going to getty married to the sweetest guy in the world, and thanks to you, wearing a 200 U$ dress!!

:D:D:D

aussie-2

The dress is beautiful.  I've only ordered from Monica Bridal.  Two wedding dresses and a veil.  The two dresses are in my profile album.  The ruffled dress and the pink dress.  The veil hasn't arrived yet for the pink dress.  The other is a sample pronovias.  I think the only complaints that were ever posted about Monica Bridal on here was about sizing.  I'm sure some others will chime in. My ruffled dress was a little big but that was my fault for not having my measurements taken by a pro.  I had pro measurements taken to provide to the rep for the pink dress and you can see from the pics that it fit like a glove.  They are fantasic with detailing ie beads, embroidery and appliques etc etc.  The rep is a sweetheart to deal with and is very accommodating.  Just make sure you have lots of conversation with her before you order.   Good luck.

Ginger

Ok Ladies.  I have the dress.  I am so excited.  I basically want the dress on the left but with the beading on the right.  For the shoulder, the beading will also be just like the right picture.  In the back, I want the beading to line the "V".  What do you think?  Do you think Monica Bridal can replicate?  From this thread it seems as they have the best beading techniques.  

I love your dress choice! Beautiful! It's so unique.  I think the changes you made will look great.  

Originally Posted by missgomes View Post

Ok Ladies.  I have the dress.  I am so excited.  I basically want the dress on the left but with the beading on the right.  For the shoulder, the beading will also be just like the right picture.  In the back, I want the beading to line the "V".  What do you think?  Do you think Monica Bridal can replicate?  From this thread it seems as they have the best beading techniques.