Okay, can someone clear this up for me. Can you only get married at the gazebo if you are staying at the palace? We are looking to stay at the tropical and have always preferred the gazebo instead of beach set-up. Can someone please clear this up for me?

dreamstbride: Where did you get the picture of you going down the ladder taken? I love the look. Could you please give me the location? Thank you

Hello All,

We finally decided the Barcelo Tropical after visiting in the beginning of July. We visited several resorts and both liked the Barcelo's, hands down! I will try to get pics of the resort up...

We are in the booking process, have sat with Victoria and looked through books and picked flowers, locations and pricing.

We are getting sooo excited!!!

I found this thread so funny because I too, taught high school for 5 years, so it appears teachers like Barcelo...or destination weddings in general :)

If you have a larger wedding party is Barcelo flexible at all on the prices? 66 per person is much higher than a lot of the other resorts...but we loved Barcelo so we booked!

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura4ever View Post
If you have a larger wedding party is Barcelo flexible at all on the prices? 66 per person is much higher than a lot of the other resorts...but we loved Barcelo so we booked!
:)
We were told $63 pp additional on packages...we didn't get into bargaining anything just yet. I was going to send a written out "contract" (so to say) to get our overall wedding in writing with pricing so there are little to no surprises. We are waiting to see how many we are taking before trying to negotiate some things. we are thinking it will be about 50-60 people. We may negotiate the upgrade on liquor for both the cocktail hour and reception?

I am getting my pics on disc today to download...