Would this be too tacky?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Ok, I wasn't sure if this should go in the Etiquette section or the Invitations section but here it goes...

I finally convinced FH that we should have an AHR for those who are unable to be invited to our DW so we are going to have a very picnic at a local park that has softball fields, volleyball courts, horseshoes, and something called frisbee golf (have no idea what that his, but I'll bring a few frisbees :-)). It will be very casual, very backyard bbq, outdoorsy feeling and we are going to ask for no gifts from them because it's so laid back (If people insist on gifts, we will let them donate to our charity registry). We plan to grill food (burgers, hotdogs, some steaks), have side salads/dishes, and a wedding cake.

So, the question is, would it be too tacky to send these people evites instead of actual paper invites? I feel like paper invites would be such a waste of paper and an evite would be so much more eco-friendly. Not to mention, it's going to be so casual that we don't want people to think that it is this formal or even semi-formal affair or anything like a real wedding reception. And I feel like I will get a better RSVP response through an evite than I would if someone had to mail an RSVP back. Is an evite an etiquette no-no?

What do you girls think?? TIA!!!
    - Grace
    Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
    Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
    Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
    Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

I dont think so. It will help to keep the occasion casual. Sounds like alot of fun.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#3 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

I think if you are sure that most people would check their email and reply then go for it. It will keep the cost down and what not. But maybe for older people who dont have email send out a card in the mail.

#4 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

If I were a potential guest, I certainly wouldn't mind an e-vite. My cousin is having an AHR similar to what you're doing this summer, I think it'll be a ton of fun!

#5 leogurl

• 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

I went to a formal wedding where they invited people through their wedding website and had no paper invitations. I think it's a good way to save money and paper if you know your guests are able to have internet access. Go for it!

#6 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

I think e-vites are perfectly acceptable! Especially for your type of affair. Sounds fun :)

#7 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

Yes I dont think its tacky at all. I say go for it.

#8 Positanobride10

• 205 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

I think if you keep the event casual the invite could be just as casual, use the evite.

#9 claudette

• 106 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

I agree with what everyone has said here - go for evite! They have some super cute ones too! As a previous poster mentioned, just make sure that if you have non-computer savvy guests, that you let them know either in person or by paper invitation - I love evites! They're so much simpler and you never lose them! :) Good luck!

#10 Mel&B

• 613 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by DallasAshli
                      I think e-vites are perfectly acceptable! Especially for your type of affair. Sounds fun :)
                      I totally agree, and I think your AHR sounds like a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users