Are kids coming to your destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 Ddiaz86

• 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

My H2B and me decided to have children at the wedding as he already has a son from a previous relationship.

We already discussed this before our engagement, and we agreed to have children at the reception.

We want to include everyone in this wedding

#42 sammbugg

• 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

We have decided to have kids at our wedding, right now it looks like there is going to be 5 of them in total. I am trying to include all of them in as much as I can and then for the adult only events (i.e. the stagette etc.) we have already talked to some of the grandparents about babysitting. To try and include them, I have made them their own welcome bags with beach items in it, all five of them will be in the wedding party and then have a blanket set off to the side with some activities so during the ceremony they can occupy themselves and finally I am making up "Cancun wedding adventure" coloring books for during the dinner. All five of them are generally very well behaved plus the oldest is going to be almost 9 and he has agreed to keep an eye on all of them throughout the wedding day. As for the rest of the trip our resort does have a kids club and lots of kids activities so parents can relax as well.

My fiance and I looked at doing an adult only however we didn't want to risk not having our family and friends come down just because they couldn't find someone to watch the kids.

#43 jordanw0613

• 75 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

not at all

#44 REP

• 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

thanks for post

#45 megthomson

• 258 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 5, 2014
          • Wedding Location:The Beach!
          • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Kids are technically invited to ours, however the timing is such that there shouldn't be any schools out for winter break yet!  It's harder for kids to be pulled out of school right after Thanksgiving vacation and before Christmas/Winter Break so we won't end up having any. 

#46 trbutler

• 224 posts
          • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

My preference is no kids, but if it is the only way for someone to come, then okay.

#47 tesa

• 170 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

I put on our website that it's an adult only ceremony and reception. Luckily our resort has a kids club all day until 11pm, so child care would be taken care of!

#48 rvalenka

• 353 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
          • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

We chose an AI so no children will be on property. Fortunately for is there are no small children on either side of our families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#49 Rainmaker

• 186 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Kids will be attending our wedding but we are have a VERY small destination wedding and FI has 2 kids so we want them there. 

#50 JanetandDan2014

• 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

My FI has a 9 year old daughter who is going with us. My best friend is bringing her two kids as well. It wouldn't be the same without those 3. They are our only kids going. At the AHR we will have our immediate family kids and no others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users