My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#361 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Janelley100
    Wow....I hadn't even thought about Dollar Tree! What a great idea! Sometimes the answer is so obvious! Also we have teenagers coming to our wedding (no little kids). Any suggestions from anyone on Teen items to include? I have thought about a sudoko book.....but I just don't know what they are into besides their ipods and smartphones!

Thanks ladies!
    We have a few kids coming 3 girls 12 16 & 15 I got jewelry making kits from the dollar store that are super cute and beachy.. I got the braclet and necklace.. both for a buck each. I did get the sudko books and inflatable beach balls. Oh and sparkle nail polish with packaged single polish remover wipes.
    Boys where tricky.. 18 and my son 20... water guns, small footballs, floresent sunscreen for their nose (both big volleyball players)
    FI suggested playboy mag and they'd be smiling the whole vacation.. I shook my head to that one.

good luck

#362 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

I have my OOT bags completed already (one bag for every couple) and have the following items:

1 Canvas bag with leather straps and polka dot interior - $5.00 Walmart (reg. $20)
      2 travel mugs - dollartree - $1 each
      Suncreen - walmart $2 each
      Body butter - walmart $2 each
      Lip balm - walmart $1 each
      Hand sanitizer - walmart $1 each
      Advil pkgs - from my work - free
      Listerine strips $1 each - dollarama
      Id badge holder and Lanyard - dollarama $1 each
      Tissue - dollarama $1 for 12
      Welcome book with pictures of attendees and spanish/enlgish dictionary etc.. - dollarama - $1 each
      Pashmina's - BDW bride - $5.00 each
      Postcards - Vista print - 25 - for free
      Pre-mexico wedding brochure - vista print 25 -for free

I think thats it....
      Good luck!

#363 MSG518

• 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Hey girls,

Great thread! Has anyone included personalized beach towels? If so where did you get them from and how much?

#364 Jodimichelle

• 310 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

This is a great thread. I will begin preparing my OOT within a few months. I pretty much have an idea as to what I want to do, but this thread gave me great ideas. I was originally planning on buying those canvas?? bags and personalizing them, or using those (not sure what they are called)....the bags that have string and you can pull the opening shut and wear it over your shoulder. I hope I explained that well!
          Great ideas and thank you!
          24 Rooms Booked!

#365 lalanyc

• 363 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

Ok, so I LOOOVE the idea of a "meet the guests" packet.

Out of curiosity - how did you organize these? By family, last name, etc.?

Also, I'm assuming you put a picture and a quick sentence or two about the person. How long did this take? Seems like it would be a pretty big project! We're expecting over 100 guests but I think I really want to do this!!

#366 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

My Big Hits
              The actual bags (I used the hibiscus bags from OTC)
              Snack bags
              Hand Sanitizer
              Brochure with Wedding day itinerary.
              Keycard holders

Everything else lol
              Homemade soaps
              mugs (we were on an 8 day cruise so in retrospect the mugs wer useless bc ppl were always ordering alcoholic beverages so they didn't need the mug and then there were times when I wanted to use my mug but bc we had plans after the meals I didn't want to lug it around)

#367 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

Ashley did you get your bags from Oriental Trading? I just want to make sure I have the acronym right.. lol
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#368 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Yup I have a few leftover. I need to go thru all this stuff to see what I can sell on here.

#369 Steve&Julia

• 113 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

VistaPrint has cyber Monday sales which are great. does anyone know if they'll have anything like this again? I ordered one free tote to see what it'll look like but I am scared that my tote won't arrive before this sale is over. Do you know if they'll have a christmas or new year huge sale again?

#370 xoHeavenSentxo

• 172 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

You guys are a BLESSING!!! This site is absolutely amazing!! Im not even engaged yet and my whole wedding is almost completely planned!!

THANKS LADIES!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users