New here and more confused than ever!
Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:42 PM
LOCATION: We're not yet decided on a location and trying to pick a specific resort is even harder. We're leaning toward Punta Cana, DR or Negril, Jamaica. Our total wedding/2 wk. honeymoon budget is $11,000 including my dress and all that (don't' need to worry about tux rentals for a Caribbean wedding!) I've been emailing a local travel agent who does this sort of thing (at least she says she does) and here are the resort suggestions she's made:
1. Occidental Grand Punta Cana $4089/2/14 days Occidental Grand Punta Cana, All Inclusive Dominican Republic, All inclusive Punta Cana Vacations
2. Dreams Punta Cana $6716/2/14 days Dreams Punta Cana Resorts & Spas: Plan Your Wedding
3. Gran Bahia Principe $4200/2/14 days Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
1. Point Village $2100/2/14 days Point Village | Home
2. Sunset Beach Resort $4424/2/14 days Sunset
3. RIU Negril $5544/2/14 days Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu
4. RIU Tropical Bay $7394/2/14 days Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu
*prices for two weeks, two people, no air.
I didn't want to go with the most expensive nor the cheapest options so her suggestions were narrowed down to the Occidental, Gran Bahia Principe, or Riu Negril. I have heard wonderful things about Negril's beaches and was leaning toward that resort since it was cheaper overall than the Occidental. Gran Bahia is still being considered but I haven't heard as much about it. However, after hearing some people's stories about Riu Negril and personally having a problem with the wedding coordinators communication (seems like she doesn't care to help me) i'm starting to think it might not be the best option. There's so many things to consider - not just the expensive the stay but also the flights, packages, what's included, what we'd want to add and how much THAT would cost. I wouldn't be so picky if it was just a vacation but this is a once in a lifetime deal and I want to be as close to perfect as it can be. I'm also afraid that I will pick a resort and start thinking of all the things I want that aren't included and the cost will spiral out of control .
I'm thrilled to have a resource that let's me hear from other brides who are further along in the process than I am and can give me advice to learn from. Thanks to all!
Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:30 PM
I believe somewhere in the forum I saw a thread with three TAs that have donde a lot of good work for the members of this forum.
But, hey! You are difinitely in the right place to sort out all of your questions!
Welcome to the forum Katie!
Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:25 PM
Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:02 PM
Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:43 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users