How much are your guests paying?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 lmadore

lmadore
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by marissaC 

Hi, I'm getting married this December. But I'm attending a friend's wedding next month...I'm one of the bridesmaid...the place is really far,,,the hotel is really posh $4000 is the cheapest rate... that is per night! I just think that the couple didn't think of us (guest) when they were planning their wedding! ugh!

Yeah that is a crazy price!  Any other places around the resort that are cheaper?  Its fine that they would go all out because its there wedding ( I personally would have picked a little more expensive resort if I wasnt concerned about anyone else affording it) but how could you expect most people to afford that? 

#32 favorsmr

favorsmr
    • 178 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

WOW!  $4000 per night!...you're right, I don't think they considered the guests at all when choosing that location. 

Originally Posted by marissaC 

Hi, I'm getting married this December. But I'm attending a friend's wedding next month...I'm one of the bridesmaid...the place is really far,,,the hotel is really posh $4000 is the cheapest rate... that is per night! I just think that the couple didn't think of us (guest) when they were planning their wedding! ugh!

#33 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

No kidding! Wow!

The place we are looking at (cannot book until early 2012) will be slightly over 2000 per person for 7 days. That includes taxes, flight, transfer, and is all-inclusive.

It is gorgeous - on its own island! - in the DR... most people have been good about the price; we have taken the approach that if they want to come, they will, regardless.

It is tough though, because, while we want to be considerate, this is also probably our only chance to go all out, you know? 

The only people giving us a lot of flack is my parents, but they would regardless of the place or price.

Oh yes, also to note... the DR is quite a distance for us. We are in Alberta, Canada. So, I think that it is relatively reasonable. I hope!

Originally Posted by favorsmr 

WOW!  $4000 per night!...you're right, I don't think they considered the guests at all when choosing that location. 

#34 SS2012

SS2012
        • 180 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

hi ladies! my guests are paying $1255 per person (taxes, flight, round trip transportation) for 7 nights at a 5 star resort in Punta Cana, DR. we are staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana in April 2012. most of our guests have been impressed with the price. but the reason we chose Punta Cana is because its on the less expensive side (compared to Jamaica, Bahamas, etc) but it still have gorgeous beaches. we opted to go for less expensive because we wanted the best turn out we could have! and we are sssoo lucky so far, we have about 75 people coming with us! 

i think in the end the place you choose has to be the best for you, since its your wedding! but you have to consider your guest turn out as well, who you want to be able to join you! 

#35 lmadore

lmadore
          • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

holy wow, awesome price, def the bonus of flying from TO.  75 people is a pretty impressive turn out.  

#36 lmadore

lmadore
            • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

I was reading on one website "destination wedding etiquette"  and how the bride and groom are expected to pay for the bridal parties travel and other expenses.  How nuts is that? 

#37 belledame

belledame
              • 195 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:01 AM

@ MarissC,

$4000 per night is a crazy price....OMG!!  My group rates so far is a little over 1500 taxes included for 1 week.

#38 philanab

philanab
                • 178 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

Just a quick FYI, if you have any people that live closer to the Michigan border, like I do, they could fly out of Detroit (or probably Buffalo) for a significantly cheaper price.

#39 philanab

philanab
                  • 178 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Ooops, still learning how these forums work.

hi ladies! my guests are paying $1255 per person (taxes, flight, round trip transportation) for 7 nights at a 5 star resort in Punta Cana, DR. we are staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana in April 2012. most of our guests have been impressed with the price. but the reason we chose Punta Cana is because its on the less expensive side (compared to Jamaica, Bahamas, etc) but it still have gorgeous beaches. we opted to go for less expensive because we wanted the best turn out we could have! and we are sssoo lucky so far, we have about 75 people coming with us! 

i think in the end the place you choose has to be the best for you, since its your wedding! but you have to consider your guest turn out as well, who you want to be able to join you! 

#40 Manda123

Manda123
                    • 380 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

My guests are paying 1560 taxes in to the Mayan Riviera - during the holidays! We were lucky enough to lock in our group price before the school calendar for this year came out. The last time I checked our trip had gone up almost 800 per person!

No one has complained about the price (to my knowledge). There are 68 people coming with us. We leave on Saturday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users