Veil on the beach??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BVIBride09

• 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

Is anyone else getting flack for wanting a veil for a beach wedding? My fiance doesn't think it "matches" everything. I know it probably sounds odd, but I just don't think I'll feel "bridal" without the veil. Plus, I just want one- isn't that enough?
    One question/worry I do have is about it blowing around... has anyone attached weights to a veil? Ideas?

#2 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

If you want the veil, then wear one - that's definitely enough reason :)

#3 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

You will find that a lot of girls on this forum are doing veil on the beach. Actually, I did not want to do one until I saw all these pictures of brides with their veil in the wind and it's so beautiful ! I've decide to go for a short one that would be just underneath my low-do... not too overwhelming, but enough for the veil sensation. I will take it off after the ceremony...

#4 tvt

• VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

Do a veil!!! IMO, a veil totally completes the bridal look.

#5 sstotz

• 298 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

I wasnt going to do a veil but then I saw this blusher birdcage veil on ebay for $40 and had to get it:
            Click the image to open in full size.
            I love love love it (Im not using that feather thing,..my mom is making something else to hide the hairclip. What do you think??
            ~Soon to be Shanny May
            June 20th, 2009
            Cabo San Lucas, MX

#6 rach220

• 532 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:59 AM

I originally didn't want a veil at all, especially on the beach because I had read reviews about it blowing around too much...then I wanted a birdcage veil (love them!)...then found out that my FI HATES them and thinks they are hideous...I know it shouldn't matter but I want him to think I look beautiful on my big day and I'm not sure it matches my dress anymore anyway...so I threw the veil idea out the window again...
              BUT now I am back on the veil kick...I think I want one again but just a short one that I will wear under my low bun (I am also doing a flower so I don't want it to cover it)...

I say if you want one then HAVE ONE! And if it blows around so what...you can always take it off if it's not working for you. For this reason I am not spending the money on one, but will borrow one from a friend and use it as my something borrowed :)

Married July 16, 2009
              Aventura Cove Palace Resort
              Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#7 michelle1031

• 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

I was the same way about not wearing a veil...but little by little the idea has grown on me...like everyone else says - if it doesn't work, you can always take it off...

#8 Duchess

• 358 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

I wore my hair half up, with an elbow length single tier veil over the clipped hair, with flowers above the veil barrette. It was great. It didnt blow much, at least that I notied but a little wind would look great, in fact I hope I had some wind action!!!

Eventually I took it out because people were putting their arms around my shoulders for pics and it was pulling, but that would be at any wedding. Oh, and I was hot from dancing. Go for it!

#9 northernflasher

• 499 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Its your day, I say go for it. I never wanted a veil until i saw all the wonderful pics of brides on the beach and TTD shoots with veils, where gone with the wind definately seem to be "the look". Now im seriously considering having one. My dilemma is whether or not to mention it to H2B as I have been so anti-veil I know he will never be expecting to see me in one. Shall I risk the surprise or spare him the moment of shock!
                    Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#10 PaddleAddict

• 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

I didn't want a veil either but I totally changed my mind when I tried one on in the bridal shop! It totally made me feel like the bride. I say go for it!

As far as your FI goes, just nod your head and smile when he voices his veil opinion, then wear it anyway! I guarantee it will be the furthest thing from his mind on your wedding day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users