Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#6011 julzman22

julzman22
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jamielt 

Hi Ladies, can I get your input on place cards... we are hoping to have a semi private reception at Aunty Ruby's or Calabash (2nd choice).  We have approx. 32 people (incl. bride & groom),and although I'm not sure yet if this is even possible (I guess it'll depend on the restaurant)... we are hoping to have long, rectangular table set up. 

Do you think there is any point to having place cards/arranged seating?  What are you doing, or what did you do? 

Thanks!

I'm not doing a seating plan. I am getting married in 3 weeks with 32 people attending also. I asked for a U-shaped table at Calabash with everyone sitting on the outside so we could all see each other. I did not want to deal with a seating chart & kinda hard to anyway with a U-shape. There are no separate table numbers. We are just putting some "reserved seating for family" place cards & all the friends can fill in the rest. 

#6012 1stmarriage

1stmarriage
    • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hello All!! I'm a May 2014 Bride with a confirmed date at the Grand. Has anyone sent out save the dates yet?

#6013 1stmarriage

1stmarriage
      • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thanks ladies for your responses! I sent STD along with an informal invite just to get a feel for who and how many would be interested. I'm surprised to learn that its like pulling teeth. Most feels like its "too soon to tell". It's so....frustrating! Any advice??

#6014 Ally1521

Ally1521
        • 15 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar rose hall suites
        • LocationPhiladelphia, Pa

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

@1stmarriage we are getting married July 26 2014 at the Suites and we sent our STD in March just to give everyone a heads up, it was like pulling teeth to get people to contact our travel agent but we recently sent out a reminder to put their deposit down with our travel agent before the prices increase and we had a lot of people contact her. We are sending out our formal invitations the end of July to give everyone enough time but it seems like they need a lot of "reminding" ;)

#6015 1stmarriage

1stmarriage
        • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hi Ladies, I posted my review from my wedding on May 12, 2013 at the Suites. I hope you future brides find it helpful. If you have any questions, please ask! http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/iberostar-rose-hall-suites-all-inclusive-montego-bay-jamaica/reviews/7324

Thank you very much for such detailed info!! I will surely look into your makeup artist!! Congrats and Best Wishes!! I'm in the NYC area also planning a May 2014 wedding at Iberostar Grand!

#6016 1stmarriage

1stmarriage
          • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Thanks Ally, I thought there was something unusual with my planning! I feel a little better now..thank you!! We're you able to find an agent that would allow air and hotel payments to be made? It seems that no one allows installment payments for both.

#6017 Ally1521

Ally1521
            • 15 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar rose hall suites
            • LocationPhiladelphia, Pa

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

1stmarriage, yes we are lucky enough that my fiancĀ©'s cousin is a TA and set everything up for us.

#6018 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
            • Site Supporter
            • 209 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi Ladies! I just returned and I wanted to warn future brides--- Please DO NOT trust DigiPix (resort photographer) with photographing your special day. We hired Misha Earle and she was fab! But the resort photographer did take pictures, when we went to view them they were TERRIBLE! we didnt even get the 12 that were included because they were THAT bad. Please please invest in an outside photographer so you have pretty pictures of your special day!

#6019 CGervaisToBe

CGervaisToBe
              • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

Hi Ladies! I just returned and I wanted to warn future brides--- Please DO NOT trust DigiPix (resort photographer) with photographing your special day. We hired Misha Earle and she was fab! But the resort photographer did take pictures, when we went to view them they were TERRIBLE! we didnt even get the 12 that were included because they were THAT bad. Please please invest in an outside photographer so you have pretty pictures of your special day!

Thanks for the info!! I'll be bringing my own photographer so luckily this won't be an issue :). Sent off my email last night to officially book the IRHS! So excited!!

#6020 CGervaisToBe

CGervaisToBe
                • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Just wondering - has anybody tried to bring their own Minister or Judge/Officiant to marry them? My Uncle is a judge and he's coming to the wedding so I think it'd be more special if he were able to marry us legally. I'm sure there's some certifications or something he'd have to look into, and I've inquired with the resort but haven't heard back just yet so I thought I'd check with you ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users