Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4821 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

If you have under 40 guests and have a semi private dinner, how are you able to have a firs dance and speeches?

#4822 poddoc

poddoc
    • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

You'll have to book another event - such as the disco, a bonfire on the beach, or cocktails. This is the only way that you can do it when you book a semiprivate dinner because they will not allow you to have it at the restaurant.

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy 

If you have under 40 guests and have a semi private dinner, how are you able to have a firs dance and speeches?

#4823 leslioni

leslioni
      • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hey Ladies

I just posted in the buy and sell...all my left overs. Make me an offer cause I want to get rid of this stuff ;)

http://www.bestdesti...38/wedding-sale

#4824 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
        • 131 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hello  I am getting married at the Grand in 31 days and today the wedding coordinator emailed me saying I have to pay a vendor fee for our photographer.  We are bringing the photographer from home and it was my understanding that if they were staying at the hotel for the 3 nights, then no fee.   I am so mad right now, because I swear I had this in an email, and I can't find it, last summer I had a problem with my yahoo account and I lost ALOT of emails.  Does anyone have any info on this?  I am livid because, if I knew I had to pay this fee, I would have put them at the beach and not the Grand at $200+ per night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP ME, I'm going Bridezilla tonight!

#4825 Leah22

Leah22
          • 150 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

That's insane! I'm so sick of this hotel! I'm pretty sure I have emails from Janielle which state that there's no vendor fee for photographers, only a day pass. I'll search and find it. But if your photographer is staying at the hotel then why not say that they're just a guest! You're not bringing anyone onto the property just for the wedding. It's none of the hotel's business if your guest decides to take some photos.

Hello  I am getting married at the Grand in 31 days and today the wedding coordinator emailed me saying I have to pay a vendor fee for our photographer.  We are bringing the photographer from home and it was my understanding that if they were staying at the hotel for the 3 nights, then no fee.   I am so mad right now, because I swear I had this in an email, and I can't find it, last summer I had a problem with my yahoo account and I lost ALOT of emails.  Does anyone have any info on this?  I am livid because, if I knew I had to pay this fee, I would have put them at the beach and not the Grand at $200+ per night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4826 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
            • 131 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

This is the first bad experience I have had with them except that the 2012 pricing went way up! Let me know if you find anything! I greatly appreciate it.

That's insane! I'm so sick of this hotel! I'm pretty sure I have emails from Janielle which state that there's no vendor fee for photographers, only a day pass. I'll search and find it. But if your photographer is staying at the hotel then why not say that they're just a guest! You're not bringing anyone onto the property just for the wedding. It's none of the hotel's business if your guest decides to take some photos.

#4827 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
              • Site Supporter
              • 340 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

Refer to the wedding contract issued for 2012 policies. It is in there I am pretty sure! That is nuts!!!

Originally Posted by to be mrs scuba 

#4828 beachbum21

beachbum21
                • 438 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hi there!

I too am bringing a photographer with us, he'll be staying the entire week with our group. 

There is NO WAY I am paying a vendor fee for him, he's a paying guest! They're out of their minds if they think we'll be paying for him. We're telling the resort he's a family friend who has agreed to take pictures, it's not any of their business as far as I'm concerned. If I was bringing someone in for the day, then I'd understand, but I'm not. Good luck girl!

Originally Posted by to be mrs scuba 

#4829 summerdaisies

summerdaisies
                  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Now if the photographer is staying at the resort as a guest... do you have to pay for a day pass for them on the wedding day?

#4830 atalanta

atalanta
                    • 326 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Mrs Scuba,

Put him on the guest list. He's got a band. What are they going to do? Stop your guest from taking pictures? I would not pay!

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

Refer to the wedding contract issued for 2012 policies. It is in there I am pretty sure! That is nuts!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users