Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3241 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:12 AM

We are staying at the Suites, not the Grand.  Sounds like a great rate though.  We are considering transferring there after the wedding for our honeymoon.

Originally Posted by susan1672 

What rates did you get? I got a rate of $220 per night per person for our June 2012 wedding.

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
    Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3242 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
    • 317 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Has anyone else been told that if they choose to use an outside vendor such as a DJ that they would have to pay the $100 vendor fee and a $75 day pass for the DJ? I was originally told we would have to just pay the vendor fee. Not an additional $75 per person.

So this means if I choose to book an outside steel pan band and they have 3 members I have to pay the $100 vendor fee and an additional 225 for days passes for the members of the band? That is a total of $325 and the steel band charges $200 = $525

This is rediculus and now I feel like they are trying to nickle and dime me where ever they can!

Sincerely,

A Bride that is so freakin frustrated right now!

#3243 luvmoo

luvmoo
      • 503 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

I was under the impression that the vendor fee covered them for coming onto the resort, i would like to know if that is not the case too!

#3244 beachbum21

beachbum21
        • 438 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

It is 150, it may take a day or two before you can see the templates though :)

Originally Posted by pintsize1 

Oh really!! Thanks!!! I thought the magic number was 150. 

#3245 daisymable

daisymable
          • 278 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

I agree. RG weddings has three people in total. That is a lot extra added on if we have to pay for day passes on top of a vendor fee!

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

I was under the impression that the vendor fee covered them for coming onto the resort, i would like to know if that is not the case too!

#3246 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
            • 317 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

Well I emailed hwe back and asked her to clarify...She advised me it has always been their practice to charge an outside vendor fee and a fee for a day pass...SMH

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

#3247 ashaun

ashaun
              • 54 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

I am using Jan's Flowers also.  There prices were the best I have seen, and are very prompt in returning emails.  I may need to check on their steel band info!  Thanks.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Oh wow I didn't know Jan's has a steel drum band. I'm using Jan's as my florist. Do you happen to have their fax number by chance?

#3248 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                • 594 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for posting this!

Originally Posted by bmaxam12 

That's awesome news thank you!!  I have seen pictures of people doing this at night and it looks amazing!  I am thinking of getting a small amount, maybe just for our wedding party and ourselves and having everyone write a wish for us on them and doing a release.  

I think we will order from this site, as they have eco lanterns that are non-harmful to the environment.  They do also say on their website they you are able to travel with them if they are put in your carry on luggage.

http://www.skywishlanterns.com/

#3249 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
                  • 150 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

This sounds like a lot... I hired an outside photographer, can you confirm I have to pay the vendor fee and the day pass fee? ($175 in total). I was under the impression that it was jsut the vendor fee. How does this work for for florists?   

Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

Well I emailed hwe back and asked her to clarify...She advised me it has always been their practice to charge an outside vendor fee and a fee for a day pass...SMH

#3250 tdotey

tdotey
                    • 185 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hey Past and Future IB Brides, does anyone know what time the Beach party starts and what they actually have at the party at IB Beach?  I beah party is on Thurs and I'm considering doing what one bride did and have everyone meet in the bar for a mini welcome reception and then we all go to the beach party.  Do they  have a band or a DJ out there and/or food and drink?  Just curious.  Sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

July 13, 2012

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

95 booked inclding bride and groom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users