Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2691 beachbum21

beachbum21
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi Starryism!

Just wondering what prompted you to change from the Suites to the Beach?? I'm currently booked at the Suites (wedding date reserved) and am waiting on quotes from my TA.

Thanks!!

Natalie

#2692 beachbum21

beachbum21
    • 438 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

Hi again!!

Sorry, I'm very new at this! lol... I was trying to direct this to Starryism :)

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Hi Starryism!

Just wondering what prompted you to change from the Suites to the Beach?? I'm currently booked at the Suites (wedding date reserved) and am waiting on quotes from my TA.

Thanks!!

Natalie

Originally Posted by starrysim 

Wow, I was totally wrong.  Nicole did send me the agreement when she confirmed the date, and said that I didn't need to sign it.  I can't believe I missed that email altogether!  The text is pretty much the same as for the Beach, one of the few differences is for the flowers, and it's not even up to date with Tai Flora.

• FLOWER SHOP: the hotel works with an outside flower shop called “Flowerstudio”. All flowers services should be hired through this flower shop.
      • If the couple will choose to use another vendor, a vendor fee will apply. The current fee is $100 per person

I think it's also important to note that the agreement doesn't really lock you in to anything - you can still cancel without any penalty, unless you've sent in all your legal paperwork, in which case they charge you $100.

#2693 daizyduke

daizyduke
      • 230 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I am a little confused about the open bar, for any brides that are having, or have had a private reception. 

I guess I can't get my head around why there would be an open bar charge that is per person, since it is included in staying with the hotel.  I can almost understand paying for a bartender.  Maybe it's just me. 

Do any brides know what the price is for open bar at the suites for a private reception. 

#2694 beachbum21

beachbum21
        • 438 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let anyone beginning their planning know it's a lot easier to call Nicole/Tiffany at the Suites rather than wait for an email if you're in need of information/response quickly.

I'm booked for April 6, 2012 :)

Anyone else booked for that week???

#2695 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
          • 307 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

Do you have a number for them that isn't international?

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let anyone beginning their planning know it's a lot easier to call Nicole/Tiffany at the Suites rather than wait for an email if you're in need of information/response quickly.

I'm booked for April 6, 2012 :)

Anyone else booked for that week???

#2696 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
            • 307 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

I asked Nicole if I have to pay a vendor fee for Rachel, the make up artist and she said yes. Did any other brides @ the Suites who used a makeup artist have to pay a vendor fee.

#2697 eholt

eholt
              • 528 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

I did not have to pay a vendor fee.  It was mentioned to me that if the person is not staying then a vendors fee is not necessary.  Make it clear that she will not be staying throughout the ceremony, if that is the case.  I'm quite sure you will NOT need her to stay for touch-up b/c her work is just that good and it will stay!

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 

I asked Nicole if I have to pay a vendor fee for Rachel, the make up artist and she said yes. Did any other brides @ the Suites who used a makeup artist have to pay a vendor fee.

May 19, 2011
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                Montego Bay, Jamaica
                http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2698 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
                • 307 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for the info. I will reconfirm that with Nicole.  Do you know if they provide the huppa @ the Suites. My florist quoted me for rental and decoration of the huppa but I thought the Suites has one you can use. I don't want to pay for one if I don't have to.

Thanks

Originally Posted by eholt 

I did not have to pay a vendor fee.  It was mentioned to me that if the person is not staying then a vendors fee is not necessary.  Make it clear that she will not be staying throughout the ceremony, if that is the case.  I'm quite sure you will NOT need her to stay for touch-up b/c her work is just that good and it will stay!

#2699 eholt

eholt
                  • 528 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Yes, the huppa is there.  I assume you would need to get the measurements to provide to the florist.  I know for a fact that the huppa @ the Beach is larger than the one @ the Suites so the measurements could make a huge difference.

Thanks for the info. I will reconfirm that with Nicole.  Do you know if they provide the huppa @ the Suites. My florist quoted me for rental and decoration of the huppa but I thought the Suites has one you can use. I don't want to pay for one if I don't have to.

Thanks

May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica
                    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2700 bridey

bridey
                    • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

Yes mrsgreen im sure you wont need a touch up Rashel's work lasts and lasts all day trust me it is value for money.

Originally Posted by eholt 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users