Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Starrysim~ Are you happy with how they turned out even though they weren't taken by Marcia? Anything you would have done differently as far as the photography? I have signed with Marcia so just curious.

Thanks

Jenni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Marcia Roberts and her assistant did most of the picture taking as well. There were a few times that she grabbed the camera because there was something that she wanted to catch, but it did seem like she was training him. I thought the pictures still came out great and I'm still happy about picking her over using Digipix.

 

One thing you need to be prepared for with Marcia is that she wants to be paid promptly. She actually pulled me aside during the reception to make calls to another assistant to make plans for a bank transfer because I didn't have enough cash on me. She then emailed me daily until she got the money.

 

I don't want to scare anyone because she was really nice, but I just every one to have their money ready.

 

Her assistant also climbed up the lifeguard stand to do a group shot and we went out to the pier at the Beach and took a bunch of pictures. Marcia also chased down some guy who was peddling some type of cart with a Jamaican flag and talked him in to letting us use it for some photos.

 

I posted a link in an earlier post, but I can resend the pictures if someone would like to see them.

 

Paula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I would love to see them. Thank you for this information

 

Originally Posted by pmwoodard1978 View Post

I used Marcia Roberts and her assistant did most of the picture taking as well. There were a few times that she grabbed the camera because there was something that she wanted to catch, but it did seem like she was training him. I thought the pictures still came out great and I'm still happy about picking her over using Digipix.

 

One thing you need to be prepared for with Marcia is that she wants to be paid promptly. She actually pulled me aside during the reception to make calls to another assistant to make plans for a bank transfer because I didn't have enough cash on me. She then emailed me daily until she got the money.

 

I don't want to scare anyone because she was really nice, but I just every one to have their money ready.

 

Her assistant also climbed up the lifeguard stand to do a group shot and we went out to the pier at the Beach and took a bunch of pictures. Marcia also chased down some guy who was peddling some type of cart with a Jamaican flag and talked him in to letting us use it for some photos.

 

I posted a link in an earlier post, but I can resend the pictures if someone would like to see them.

 

Paula



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 View Post

Starrysim~ Are you happy with how they turned out even though they weren't taken by Marcia? Anything you would have done differently as far as the photography? I have signed with Marcia so just curious.

Thanks

Jenni

 

I guess overall I'm satisfied because we did get lots of pictures that I do love.  However, some things I was disappointed with:

- the lighting was really bad in a lot of pictures, like harsh shadows obscuring people's faces. I think they needed one of those big pro flashes with the umbrella and stuff, but I can see how that wouldn't be very portable all over the resort and the beach. Not sure if other photographers do a better job with the lighting.

- they weren't very responsive to our ideas for locations to take pics, and they seemed rushed near the end. Even though it was supposed to be unlimited time, and we still wanted to take pics by the lifeguard towers and stuff, they just called it quits.

- they weren't always useful for posing suggestions.  A lot of the times they just told us to do something.  Some of their pose suggestions turned out really bad (and I could tell ahead of time that they would be).  Also, way too many shots from below - I absolutely hate that perspective - you know, double chins, up the nose, etc.  I didn't get it.  Unfortunately they also chose one of the worst pics for the front of our DVD case.  Along the same lines, they missed some great shots.

- some pics provided in B&W only, no colour version on the CD.  I emailed to ask for originals of a few of these, but nothing yet.

 

That said, I don't want to discourage anyone from working with them.  They were on time, professional and curteous, and we got our pictures and video in less than a month.  For being the most reasonably-priced Jamaican photographers, I think the value is there.  There are lots of very good pics, as you can tell from my post a few pages back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey QTSkee 78!  So happy to hear you're marrying at the Grand and you're not that far from me (in DC).  I've seen a few brides from the DMV and am absolutely ecstatic about returning to the Grand this May.  let me know how the site visit goes! Angellie and Janielle are great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2012 rates are twice those for 2011?!  Say it isn't so!  I just emailed the coordinators for the updated rates but I've certainly been working from the figures I received when I booked this June for my May 2012 ceremony.

 

 

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post
 

Iriegirl,

 

Where did you end up having you ceremony and reception?  Did you work with anyone in Jamaica to plan it?  I am considering hosting my reception (and maybe ceremony) off property since I just received the 2012 rates for the Grand (and they're almost double the 2011 rates).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


After hearing that they doubled also, i emailed Silvia at the Beach.. as i am getting married in february and budgeted based on the prices i was given.. she wrote back and advised that there have not yet been any changes to the wedding package prices at the Beach... I can't speak for the other resorts but so far.. the Beach prices are the same!! *whew* crossing my fingers it stays as such!

Originally Posted by MissHoneyBee View Post

2012 rates are twice those for 2011?!  Say it isn't so!  I just emailed the coordinators for the updated rates but I've certainly been working from the figures I received when I booked this June for my May 2012 ceremony.

 

 

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post
 

Iriegirl,

 

Where did you end up having you ceremony and reception?  Did you work with anyone in Jamaica to plan it?  I am considering hosting my reception (and maybe ceremony) off property since I just received the 2012 rates for the Grand (and they're almost double the 2011 rates).



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×