Looking For Pashmina's

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 reevesbride

• 212 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

I'm looking for a good place to buy like 25-30 Pashmina's. Does anyone have any good contacts?

#2 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

not sure if this is an option for you or not...but when I was in NYC a month or so ago I went down to China Town and got my pashminas for $3 each... it was the best deal I heard about and since I knew I would be in NYC in November I just waited and got them then...so if you have a trip planned that might be an option?

#3 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

China town. That's where I'm going to get mine closer to the wedding. I'm not familiar with NYC so I'm making my GBM (gay brides man) who knows the city very well take me up and get them.

Depending on where in NJ you live, you maybe able to check out China Town in Philly and see if they have them.

#4 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

Definitely go into NYC - they are EVERYWHERE in the winter - if you are buying a lot, you can definitely bargain down for a good price..

#5 FoxyBride

• 609 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

If you get them from Chinatown NYC definitely haggle. Especially since you are buying more than one. If they are $3 each and you want 10, offer them $25 instead of $30. 99% of the time, they will take it.

#6 neen

• 633 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

i agree Chinatown in NYC is the best bet, but making a trip isn't an option (i live in virginia so it wasn't for me) i found $6 pashminas on amazon (acrylic/viscose, not real cashmere)

#7 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

I got all of my sisters and Stu's cousins pashminas for Christmas, and I got a deal in Chinatown. It was 3 for $10 so I bought 15 of them. They're wonderful, and no one has to know how little I spent. I kinda feel bad, but times are tough, ya know?

#8 reevesbride

• 212 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

China town is really not far from me. thanks for the help ladies! I'll will be making a trip shortly to go get them.

#9 missdanelle

• 687 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

I would love to go to NY... but not gonna happen for me... atleast not before the wedding! Let me know if anyone is heading that way and I can send you money to pick some up for me!

#10 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

Wow, you girls are so lucky to live close to a place where you can buy pashminas for really cheap. I ended up going to Ardene's here to buy mock ones. I couldn't justify the cost of them on Ebay and after hearing the horror stories from the girls who ordered them from here.

Good luck in Chinatown!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users