Ok ladies... back to reality The wedding was AMAZING!!!!
We made a lot of decisions once we got there, so be flexible! Originally, we wanted to have the wedding on the beach and the dinner at the Lobster House, but then ended up having the wedding ceremony in the gazebo and the dinner at the event terrace.
Reasons to choose gazebo over beach:
- Protection from wind, sun, sand. The acoustics were MUCH better than on the beach, people's hair stayed in place, no one was affected by the heat of the sun, sand did not get stuck in everywhere.
- You can take pictures at the beach immediately after the ceremony if you really want the pictures, that is what we did.
- Better photo ops! The sun sets directly behind the gazebo giving the entire ceremony a warm, romantic glow.
- Very private and romantic- it's just you and your wedding group, very intimate!
- Probably the cheaper version, because the gazebo needs minimal decoration. They put up sheer curtains that look beautiful, and Yamina was able to decorate the pedestal with our dinner centerpieces that we reused.
We ended up going with the dinner at the event terrace, because it is A LOT more private!!! MUCH better for a large wedding. We were able to make as much noise as we wanted without any complaints from other guests. Plus, it was a very intimate setting as well: fountains all around, and we had tea lights around the entire wedding area. We also had cocktail tables and a bar set up that people could hang out around as they were breaking from all the dancing!
- I would recommend doing the tasting menu of your wedding dinner (I believe this is $20/pp.) While most people are very happy with their selections, I would have changed some of mine up had I tasted them ahead of time. By no means was anything bad, it's just that a couple of the courses were just ok. I am picky, so I should have just known better.
- Per the comment above, about me being SUPER picky.... I think I (along with the 3 friends, sister and mother) drove the hair and make-up artist CRAZY. We were very specific. Having said that, she did an absolutely AMAZING job! I don't know how she put up with us, but my face and hair looked great. Another hair stylist did my friend's hair which looked really nice. I think people can by-pass the trial hair and make-up, because they are really great at what they do.
- Overall, the spa is really amazing. Take your last day there so you can be relaxed going home, this is what we did and it was perfect.
- Yamina is AMAZING! She will do everything in her power to make your day perfect. Be patient with her- it will take her 1-3 days to respond to your e-mails. She has tons of weddings going on and is currently the only one doing this. Just as an example, she had 8 weddings last week!
- The videographer that came with the gold package was a real professional, he was great. The photographers were just OK. This is another thing that I am picky about, and it was honestly not up to my standards. Luckily, we had our own photographer that we brought with us from the states.
We will be posting our pictures by next week, hopefully. I can give you guys the link then. Meanwhile, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!