Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Hey girls!

Dont laugh but I wanted to share with you all the[totally cheesy] poem we put together for our welcome bags...

Just in case you were looking for any ideas. :-)

This Survival Kit was made just to say

We are thrilled youâ€ll be with us on our wedding day!

There's a nutrition bar to give you some energy

And Carmex, because SPF in the sun is key.

We packed you some Tums if your tummy should ache

And incase of bad breath we added some lifesavers to take.

There's Aleve if it's ill that you feel

And some Band-aids if you should scrape your heel.

We canâ€t forget the most important thing, something you hold

A Koozie to make sure your beer stays cold!

Weâ€ve put everything in this handy pack

So you'll know that the bride and groom have got your back.

This kit was created so that you can see

How much you mean to the Bride & Groom to be!

We are getting married on Sunday and our actual rehearsal is Friday so on that Friday we are doing the Mexican Fiesta as our rehearsal dinner.

We were going back and forth on a rehearsal dinner but anyone over 20 ppl and there is a $22 per person charge, so we nixed that idea and just went with the Mexican Fiesta!

I still havent heard back from N... But I am so excited that we leave in 3 days, I dont even care anymore! As long as everything comes together in the end, we will be ok :-)

MsBlissMpls sorry about the flowers :-( Whats your plan B?

Originally Posted by stefkva View Post

Is anyone doing a rehearsal the night before? If so, what are you ladies doing?

MsBlissMpls: That sucks!! Did they say what flower options they do have available?

lcilz - your survival poem is great! You are almost there. As the first of our April of brides I wish you all the best, and lots of happiness!

N. has been very nice in explaining what is available and the price to upgrade to other options. I think we're totally switching gears and doing white & green flowers instead of the bright pink that I was hoping for. It's not that huge of a deal, but after looking at so many flowers and finally picking "the ones" it's kind of a bummer to have to switch. 

Congratulations Iciz! I can't wait to hear about your wedding and see your pictures!

I have been doing little bit of planning, and so far I have bought a dress! It will be here in July, and I can't wait.

Next is photography. I need to figure out how many hours I need, and email N about food choices. I'm picky when it comes to food, and need to find out if I can change the menu around a little.

By the way I love, love this little poem! How cute!

Originally Posted by lciz View Post

Hey girls!

Dont laugh but I wanted to share with you all the[totally cheesy] poem we put together for our welcome bags...

Just in case you were looking for any ideas. :-)

This Survival Kit was made just to say

We are thrilled youâ€ll be with us on our wedding day!

There's a nutrition bar to give you some energy

And Carmex, because SPF in the sun is key.

We packed you some Tums if your tummy should ache

And incase of bad breath we added some lifesavers to take.

There's Aleve if it's ill that you feel

And some Band-aids if you should scrape your heel.

We canâ€t forget the most important thing, something you hold

A Koozie to make sure your beer stays cold!

Weâ€ve put everything in this handy pack

So you'll know that the bride and groom have got your back.

This kit was created so that you can see

How much you mean to the Bride & Groom to be!

Iciz - your poem is so cute! I hope you have a beautiful wedding, its finally here! I feel like there hasn't been any recent brides with updates/reviews. Don't forget about us when you get back lol!

We are not planning on doing a rehearsal dinner because of the cost. We thought it was silly to pay extra for the night before when its an AI resort. So we plan on doing a rehearsal walk through of the ceremony (which I am hoping they do the day before) then meeting up at the bar or a restaurant. Just gonna wing it really!

Jass7 - congrats on finding your dress!!!

Iciz, Congrats!!! I hope everything goes perfectly and that it is everything you've dreamed of. 

We did a similar poem. A lot of the stuff is the same.

This survival kit was made just for you

To ensure you are cared for all weekend through.

We hope a bright smile is upon you face.

Some SPF lip balm should keep it in place.

We want you to party and never want to leave.

But if you get too rowdy, just take some Aleve.

May no tears fall from your eye,

But here are some tissues in case you cry.

We wanted to share something truly unique,

Here's something special just for your feet.

If you want to lay by the pool for some fun,

Here is some lotion to protect from the sun.

Some hugs and kisses for our dearest friends

Our journey together has no end.

Thank you so much for all you have done

Your support, your love and all of the fun.

We hope that this kit brings you some glee.

Itâ€s just a small thanks from the bride and groom-to be.

Ahh, your poem!!! I LOVE IT!! Too cute :-)

Girls, since I am the first of us to be taking the plunge, I promise not to forget you and I will come back with updates and pictures asap!!

thewave.gif

Happy Planning!

Originally Posted by LauraR597 View Post

Iciz, Congrats!!! I hope everything goes perfectly and that it is everything you've dreamed of. 

We did a similar poem. A lot of the stuff is the same.

This survival kit was made just for you

To ensure you are cared for all weekend through.

We hope a bright smile is upon you face.

Some SPF lip balm should keep it in place.

We want you to party and never want to leave.

But if you get too rowdy, just take some Aleve.

May no tears fall from your eye,

But here are some tissues in case you cry.

We wanted to share something truly unique,

Here's something special just for your feet.

If you want to lay by the pool for some fun,

Here is some lotion to protect from the sun.

Some hugs and kisses for our dearest friends

Our journey together has no end.

Thank you so much for all you have done

Your support, your love and all of the fun.

We hope that this kit brings you some glee.

Itâ€s just a small thanks from the bride and groom-to be.

Since I'm pretty new, I have TONS of questions!

Where did you guys order your invitations from? I would love to maybe do airplane ticket kind of invitation, but the one I saw on paperdivas can look better.

And are you guys doing beach ceremony? Any September brides? I would love to have my hair down or half up half down, but not sure about the wind.

By the way I love all the poems! What a great idea.

Have you signed up for The Beloved Playa Mujeres & Excellence Resorts Webinar on April 14, 2012 @ 9:00am PST?  You should!  It is going to be very informative.  Meet the wedding coordinator and be able to ask them questions about planning a wedding at the resort.  We will also have Wendy Hicks on hand to answer your travel questions!  For those that attend the webinar and get married at La Amada or Excellence Resort in Mexico will also get a gift upon check-in!!