Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#171 mc428

mc428
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

I'm pretty sure I am walking down the aisle to "somewhere over the rainbow" I love the version from 50 first dates and it seems so perfect.

#172 Michelle613

Michelle613
    • 331 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

I probably wont be too original and will be walking down to canon in D-- everyone else will be walking down to Caruso (andrea bucelli)
      Michelle & Arsen
      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#173 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
      • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

after all the back and forth, I ended up with Babyface's version of YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.......Made everyone tear up..except me...lol

#174 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
        • 1,418 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

Great post!! Thanks for sharing everyone! Now time to go listen to music :)

#175 Ebbie475

Ebbie475
          • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

I can't get that far in my planning, but my cousin who is more like my brother is an organist. He will be recording something for me and I know if I request a particular song he will do it.

#176 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
            • 444 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

How many songs do I need for the ceremony? I only have a Maid of Honor...not a whole bridal party. Should i have the same song for her and I? What about a song for when people are sitting? Haha I'm so clueless!

#177 JoLo908

JoLo908
              • 889 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

I only have MOH and I am having one song for MOH, best man, and parents to sit... then my song to walk to... a marriage signing song, and then a recessional... usually they will play some music while people are sitting, but IDK if they provide that at your resort or not. I think it's nice to have one song solely for you to walk down the aisle, but to each their own! Good Luck!

#178 Bird

Bird
                • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:43 AM

Wow everyone..... you are been so helpful, there are so many great songs to choose from.
                  What do you ladies think of LUCKY by jason mraz or AINT NO SUNSHINE by ben harper...
                  For our walk out....what about IM IN PEACE by justin nozuka
                  interested if what you think

let me know

#179 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:56 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Bird
                    Wow everyone..... you are been so helpful, there are so many great songs to choose from.
                    What do you ladies think of LUCKY by jason mraz or AINT NO SUNSHINE by ben harper...
                    For our walk out....what about IM IN PEACE by justin nozuka
                    interested if what you think

let me know
                    lucky would be very sweet. ain't no sunshine is a phenomenal song, but i don't personally think it's appropriate for a wedding ... it's sad, and the lyrics to me imply she's out cheating on him somewhere. just my 2 cents.

don't know the other song ... i'd look it up but it's 2 am and i really need to get off BDW and go to bed! LOL

#180 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
                      How many songs do I need for the ceremony? I only have a Maid of Honor...not a whole bridal party. Should i have the same song for her and I? What about a song for when people are sitting? Haha I'm so clueless!
                      are you hiring the sound system/technician? if so, choose a separate song for yourself. he will simply fade out each song when the person is finished walking, and start the next, so you don't have to worry about everyone sitting around waiting for a song to end before moving on. from personal experience, i wish i had known how long the signing of all the documents would take. we did a legal ceremony, so we had to each sign and thumbprint IN TRIPLICATE, and then each of our 4 witnesses had to sign in triplicate as well. you should definitely choose a song for this. my guests were dying of boredom sitting there in silence watching us all sign papers. the videographer randomly added a song to that part so it wasn't dreadful on film. again, wish i would have known because i could have provided all my own music for the video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users