Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#161 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

So far I have chosen Jennifer Hudsons' Giving myself to you (omg.. i just love it). But here are some others that I am still considering. BTW FI is really pushing for the whispers, Im gonna make you my wife.

Johnny Gill-You for me
    Beyone and Marc Anthony-After All is said and done
    Sade-by your side
    Dave Holister-Forever

#162 evie

evie
    • 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

Ladies I need help! I am getting married in 6 days and have tons to do. I got sick last week and have some loose ends! I am walking down to Canon in D. We have a violinist and a pianist playing at the church. What can my parents, niece and nephew and groom's parents walk down the aisle to? I figured one song for all of them would be okay since it is a small party right? Something the violinist and pianist can play!
      Evie

#163 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by evie
        I am walking down to Canon in D. We have a violinist and a pianist playing at the church. What can my parents, niece and nephew and groom's parents walk down the aisle to? Something the violinist and pianist can play!
        does the church allow secular music? please make sure! some will only allow religious music! i think one song is more than enough for just a few people to walk the aisle. you can likely use something like "jesu, joy of man's desiring" YouTube - J.S. Bach "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" violin by Reed Allen

#164 evie

evie
        • 61 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

thanks mummergirl! I REALLY appreciate it. At this point I just want someone to dress me and carry me to the aisle. lol I am using the song you recommended. I just needed someone else to choose it for me. No more decisions for me from today on. lol
          Evie

#165 sdtooley

sdtooley
          • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

I am thinking about walking down to Dave Matthews Band- Steady As We Go. Love the lyrics

#166 Melwhip

Melwhip
            • 43 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

I am walking down to Jack Johnson - Angel. It's a gorgeous song and the lyrics are perfect, or so my fiance said!! :-) My bridesmaids will walk to Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel K. Still need to decide on an exit tune!!!

#167 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
              • 609 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

I've decided on Luther Vandross - Here & Now. It's a classic song with great lyrics. Plus it's on the pianist's song list already so we won't have to pay extra for it. :)

#168 JoLo908

JoLo908
                • 889 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

Awwww I love Luther, he is the best... he's a legend...

#169 Adlergray

Adlergray
                  • Banned
                  • 294 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

People who are using ipods and having the wedding party walk down to one song and the bride to another, are you getting the songs qued up and then down loading them or just having someone man it and hope it works?

#170 Nisi39

Nisi39
                    • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

I still have NO clue!! We're (get this?...)Christian "House Heads"!!
                      My problem is I think I'm stumped with trying to figure out how to combine the two.. I don't want to dance down the aisle, but I do think that was the cutest idea that one of the other ladies had to dance back up the aisle with your new hubby... So for that I'm thinking "Devotion" by Ten City... The summer of '90 we played that over and over and over again, so much that the cassette tape broke.. So that song has special meaning for us. Plus since we're not having a reception I don't really have to worry about our first dance song. I guess cause our first dance will be the recession! So the bottom line is I'm still scouring YouTube and this thread for Christian themed wedding procession music...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users