• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
    Do youmean the Shoprite in Delran? That's actually the one we go to all the time. It's about 10 minutes down 130 from where we live. I've seen the Redbox..umm... machine thing in there but neer paid much attention to it. I've never used one of those things so I had no idea you could rent movies for $1. That's pretty awesome. Maybe I'll do that instead!!! Thanks for the info.
    We loved redbox! It's 1 dollar per day and you used to have to return it by 7 now I think it's 8. So thats awesome. Sometimes they're out of what you want but we have two close to each other so we just go to the other one. You can also go to redbox's website and rent them and then go pick them up! I love that. You can see what they have before driving all the way out there. We loveeeeeee redbox!

#12 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by katrina
      yep, the one in delran! haha, small world- that's the one we use also. maybe i'll see ya there sometime!
      We loved redbox! It's 1 dollar per day and you used to have to return it by 7 now I think it's 8. So thats awesome. Sometimes they're out of what you want but we have two close to each other so we just go to the other one. You can also go to redbox's website and rent them and then go pick them up! I love that. You can see what they have before driving all the way out there. We loveeeeeee redbox!
      Nice. Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out the website tonight!

#13 bumbles

bumbles
      • 574 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

The Happening was awful I like the concept behind the story, but it was just poorly made and the plot was boring.

#14 KatyKo

KatyKo
        • 851 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

I saw the Happening in theaters and personally hated it. I have not talked to anyone who hated it any less than me. It was like M. Night Shamalon (SP?) was slapping me, and everyone else in the theater, in the face. But I usually don't trust other people's opinions on movies, so I would tell you to watch it (if you have 2 hours that you don't mind wasting - jk, haha), but I wouldn't buy it, honestly.

#15 ~Debra~

~Debra~
          • 500 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

I saw both. I liked The Happening but I wouldn't classify it as a horror movie. I wouldn't say it was a great movie. Just Ok. The Strangers had potential but the ending just ruined the entire movie for me. Its definitely scary. I think if you want a scary movie and aren't expecting a "great" movie, I'd put The Strangers on the list and keep The Happening off.

#16 aimee!

aimee!
            • 696 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

i tend to agree.
              i just watched the happening yesterday, and was not impressed.
              Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#17 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

I used to be a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan. I thought the 6th Sense was amazing, Signs was great, The Village was pretty cool, Lady in the Water was ok, and then The Happening....well, it just wasn't what I expected. Hmm..see a trend? I think his work has significantly gone downhill. The Happening isn't really a horror movie in my opinion. It has some creepy-ish parts but that's about it.

Now the Strangers made me not able to go in my house alone for about a week. And I slept with our loaded handgun within arms reach when my husband went out of town last weekend. Yeah, I know, I know. For some reason it just really creeped me out. I hated the ending. Absolutely hated it. I won't say anymore than that, but I just can't stand that sort of thing, and you'll understand after you see it. The ending really disturbed me. And pissed me off. I was teary after watching the ending because it bothered me so much- we'll just blame that on the pregnancy hormones...lol

#18 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

yes, t-o-t-a-l-l-y freaked me the hell out! i personally loved them. plus looking at mark walberg makes the happening easy as pie to watch ;o)

every time im outside and the trees blow in the wind i think about running and hiding! (has to do with the happening)

theres a thread "blockbuster group" i started and some people mentioned them two i think...

they are SO freaky.

#19 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

katrina and jess i live in delran too! haha small world! i go to the red box in the shoprite there too!

#20 Jessica

Jessica
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                      katrina and jess i live in delran too! haha small world! i go to the red box in the shoprite there too!
                      I had no idea you even lived in Jersey! Did you recently move to Delran?! That's nuts. I live in Burlington Township, a bit north from Delran on 130, but I'm always in that area for shopping purposes.

Well, we'll all have to do a meetup one of these days, we are way too close not to! We can all go grocery shopping together

Sarah- I'm dying to know about this ending now for the Strangers. I have to watch it. I can guess what may be so disturbing about it, but now I definitely want to see this to verify my suspicions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users