Photo

Two Maids of Honor?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 KEE LAC

KEE LAC
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

ok, I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one with this dilemma. I too have 4 girls and 2 will be my maid of honor. I think it will be fine!
    Soon TO be MRS. Clark:[SIGPIC]

#12 nicmicj

nicmicj
    • 244 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

I don't think that is strange. That's a good idea especially if you have two ladies and can't make a decision about which to choose.

#13 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

i got lucky ... one of mine got married, so i have a maid and a matron of honor. if that wasn't the case tho, i think i still would have given them both "of honor" positions! they both deserve it! one is my niece (i was her MOH in her wedding) and the other is my best friend (for 24 years now).

i also don't think that you necessarily need to have two best men when you have two MOHs, but that's up to you.

#14 latinalocany

latinalocany
        • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

i posted the same topic a few weeks ago, now i having 2 MOH!!!

#15 Angela139

Angela139
          • 455 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thanks ladies! I feel a lot better about doing this now :)

#16 cutierosie

cutierosie
            • 191 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

I have two sisters, and one best friend. So I made my two sisters MOH, and my friend a bridesmaid. So it doesn't get weird, they all have different dresses but in the same color.

#17 barrow

barrow
              • 121 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

No it is not crazy at all. I am having two as well, one a matron and the other the maid of. I say do what you want, this wedding thing has too many rules for me, yes some traditions are a must but hey why only one maid of, go ahead girl its your party, your day, do what you want. I am. lol
                life is too short, live in the moments.

#18 dc22173

dc22173
                • 240 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

I am also having two maids of honor. I have my sister as the ma®tre of honor since she is married and my best friend, who is not married, as my maid of honor. My other sister is my bridesmaid. I figured it is my wedding and I can do what I want to do. I also could not decide who I wanted to choose so I chose them both

#19 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
                  • 279 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

I am also having 2. My cousin & my best friend from grade school!

#20 chiquita8302

chiquita8302
                    • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

I have been thinking about having a maid of honor and a matron of honor as well. There are a total of 8 girls, 1 of which I know can't come... 7 are from middle school, and one I've been close with almost as long, who is one of the best friends of all of the girls as well. For those of you who have done this... how has it affected things? Did it hurt either of the girls that they werne't the only MOH? I'm also wondering about speeches and what not... one of my MOH's is super outgoing and the other not-so-much... so I don't wnat the quieter one to feel like she either a. has to do a speech that competes with the other's, or b. shouldn't do a speech because she's not as outgoing... I just want it to be relaxed and fun and basically don't care about the MOH duties, I just want to name them both that as a way of saying thank you for being there for me for so many years... (just thought about that... it's been 16 years now that we've all been friends... omg how time flies!) My FI thinks it's pretty weird and that I should just choose the one I went to school with (who lives nearby, the other one lives across the country) and that the other girl will be fine as a bridesmaid. He doesn't really have that strong of an opinion on the subject or anything, but I made him give me his input lol  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users