Sign in to follow this  
Angela139

Two Maids of Honor?

Hi Everyone,

So I'm thinking about having two maids of honor - I have four ladies in total, so half would be bridesmaids, half maids of honor. I know it's a bit weird, but I have two best friends, and love them both so dearly, it is difficult to call one of them my "maid of honor" and not the other. Do you guys think this is totally strange? Have you ever heard of someone doing this before?

Thanks! :)

Angela

Not at all! My FI is having 2 best men because he doesn't want to chose between his brothers.

I say it's your wedding and you can do whatever you want! Makes perfect sense to me.

I had 2 Maids of Honour. Both have been my best friends for a long time and I couldn't choose between them.. so both got to be it :)

I was part of a wedding this summer and I was one of the maid of honors and our other best friend was a matron of honor (she was married). I think its a great idea!

I am also having two matrons of honor (my sisters and they are twins so it would be really hard to pick one of them.) I don't think it is a problem especially in Mexico because we need 4 witnesses so it works out just great.

Im having two as well. My Matron of honor is my brother's wife who I've been close to since I was 14 years old and my maid of honor is FI's sister. I've gotten close to her as well but I wanted her to play an important part in her brother's wedding.

I was the MOH in my best friends wedding and shared the duties with her sister. I completely understood why she chose both of us...I don't think that it is strange at all!

I agree with everyone - it's perfectly fine to have 2 MOHs! I am as well because I didnt want to choose between the 2, and it takes some of the pressure off :)

My best friend had two maid of honors and her husband had two best men.... I think if they are both your best friends then you should do it!! =)